Associate QA

I have been working at Amgen

Pros

Love the company. Great management Flexible hours Great people Beautiful Campus

Cons

Over 50% of the workforce is contract

Advice to Management

Maybe scale back the benefit package just a bit so the company can actually have full time employees that last and can be proud to be part of the Amgen family instead of a revolving door of contractors

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Continuous re-orgs, outsourcing, lay offs & diminishing benefits

I worked at Amgen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Still a good company to work for, nice people, nice campus.

Cons

Unclear company direction, constant outsourcing, no sense of job security regardless of length of time with company, diminishing support staff resulting in more time resolving issues and less time focusing on work objectives.

Advice to Management

Increase transparency, focus on genuine communication of information rather than rhetoric placation, develop accurate understanding of support functions, focus on retention rather than outsourcing.

Process Development

Current Contractor - Associate Scientist - Process Development in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in Process Development as a temporary employee. Beautiful Campus - The campus is beautiful to walk around, and there are many lunch options. Great Co-workers - I loved sharing an office with my co-workers and working with my group. Most seemed happy/satisfied with their jobs. Science/technical based work - The work was challenging/stimulating and I felt like I could contribute with my technical background/degree. Good learning environment - Great for a recent graduate such as myself, pay attention and you will pick up alot (technical and worklife knowledge)

Cons

The main con is how contractor/temps are treated. -No access to gym/company sponsored events -Conversion to full time rarely happens without a Phd -Many work resources are not available to temps/contractors Also -Lots of politics, especially in management, which get in the way of real work