Amgen

www.amgen.com

Great benefits, good work/life balance

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsGood work/life balance, haven't seen a company with better benefits, onsite gym and daycare. If you know the right people, fairly easy to move around the company.

ConsPromotions seem to be based more on who you know than your accomplishments, although that's not uncommon elsewhere. Culture has shifted to cost cutting a few years back.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on creativity and making employees happy, and not so focused on juicing the stock price - although I don't mind stock price going up.

Senior Associate-

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Benefits, 401K, and easy job. This is a good and bad thing. If… Cons: no room for movement at all. Must play the politics game and be good at it cuz there are people that can outwit you. HR… Advice to Senior Management: Meet your lower level people and don't form opinions based on hearsay. Also, this type of interactions will show you, who is capable to give… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Patient focused company

Specialist (Current Employee) Longmont, CO

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Amgen is a great place to work. The people are what makes it great. Eveyone is willing to… Cons: Amgen seems to have an large amount of VPs for… Advice to Senior Management: Ensure that the employees are valued and provide more opportunities for career growth. It's very disheartening for emplyees to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amgen.

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!