Amgen

www.amgen.com

Great benefits, changing environment

Product Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAmgen has great pay, benefits, and overall compensation. Amgen is very fair in time off. There is a payed summer and winter break, plus your overall vacation and personal sick time.

ConsThe company has a global manufacturing focus so the amount of production opportunities in the US has dramatically declined over the past few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving to contractors for manufacturing for biologic medicines has a very high risk since these drugs demand a high level of skill and understanding to manufacture. Contractors put your drugs quality and safety at risk.

Excellent place to work

Senior Instrumentation Tech (Former Employee) Longmont, CO

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Excellent salary, awesome benefits, great culture of science based decision makers throughout the… Cons: Can be very slow to make key decisions, started to really down size or "reaching Amgen's… Advice to Senior Management: Far too many excellent workers losing there jobs to overseas… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very good people and company structure, most IT related work has been outsourced.

IT Support (Former Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros: Many software and hardware positions to apply for internally if you have a Bachelors degree. … Cons: Amgen is still undergoing layoffs, so do not expect long… Advice to Senior Management: Hire quality people and provide some permanent benefits for your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amgen.

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!