Graduate Summer Intern

Former Intern - Graduate Summer Intern in Thousand Oaks, CA
Former Intern - Graduate Summer Intern in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly great internship! Well charted out project,truly knowledgeable colleagues and a great work environment.
- Collaborative work culture
- Wonderful work/life balance
- Challenging work
- Lots to learn

Cons

No specific cons,really. The Thousand Oaks location is huge and that maybe a con for some,if working at a large office campus is not your preference. But overall,great work environment!

Advice to Management

Some of the finest management folks I have ever met. Very open,very supporting,very encouraging! I hope to be as humble and competent as them in my career.

reviews filtered by

Be ready to change

I have been working at Amgen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Brilliant employees, stimulating water cooler conversations, culture (less now than previous years), outstanding benefits, opportunities to try something new, beautiful main campus, inspiring mission.

Cons

Change, change and a lot more changes on top of each other without regard to impact on staff morale, sustainability, or work-life balance. Very limited promotion opportunities.

Advice to Management

Learn from your mistakes, don't ignore Amgen's past experiences, truly listen to staff at all levels (not just communicate survey results with no real change). Consider staff retention as a cost saving devise.

A lot of hype

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Company name and product deliverables

Cons

All the glam and benefits are only for full time employees. They treat contract/temps as second class citizens despite professional experience. Company intranet sites are blocked so they can't view full time employee perks.