Amplify Credit Union

www.goamplify.com
  www.goamplify.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amplify Credit Union

Amplify is part of my family

Current Employee - Payments and Operations Specialist in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Payments and Operations Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union

Pros

good benefits such as health insurance, personal time off, matching of 401 k contributions by 3%, management truly cares about their employees

Cons

the hours that I work are not desirable. Better training is needed when taking on new processes.

I think that there needs to be careful considerations when making changes to processes within the credit union. Don't just look at the money a change in process may save the credit union, be sure the product you are switching to actually does what the representative says it will do.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Amplify Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Exciting time to work for a credit union!

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union

Pros

Career developement - it is up to us as team members to communicate our career goals to management and actually do the work to get us where we want to be. Management is VERY supportive of professional development whether it be in banking or not.

Great Benefits - medical, dental, profit sharing, defined benefit plan, personal time off.....

With "Bank" being a bad word these days it is awesome to work for a credit union that exists solely to provide great service to it's membership (owners). Our success truly depends on the success of our members.

Cons

I think the salaries are a bit low and am somewhat annoyed with the answer "We are in line with industry standards". Isn't the point to be BETTER than industry standards?

This isn't really a downside but we are growing and it is hard to get to know all of the people in the organization. We are somewhat losing that family atmosphere across the organization.

We are no longer a little credit in Austin Texas. It's time to start thinking like we are a large financial institution and implement products and services that will serve our members well long into the future.

Love it!

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union

Pros

I've worked in high tech, hospitality, and government in organizations from 50 to 1400 people, so I've had a fairly good taste of what the work world is like. Amplify has been my favorite place to work so far. I've been here a little over 5 years. The things I like about Amplify are:
    -Generally really great people to work with;
    -Sr. management team that I would trust with my life - they are truly caring and ethical people;
    -Working for a not-for-profit where the mission is to make our members successful (not Wallstreet or outside shareholders);
    -The ability to speak my mind to anyone (respectfully, of course!);
    -The willingness of the organization as a whole to listen to other people's ideas and suggestions;
    -Our CEO's random acts of singing in the hallways;
    -PENSION PLAN (fully funded by Amplify - government pension plan can't compete!)
    -401(k) matching;
    -Time off to volunteer in the community in addition to my regular PTO;
    -The willingness to use technology to address efficiency issues;
    -Openness to allow people to try new things, like observing the work that other departments do to see if another area of the CU might be a next career step....

I could go on and on. My husband works for a high tech company and when I tell him about my work, he is almost envious.

Cons

The downside of working at Amplify, for me, is accepting the fact that some people I work with are so damaged from working at other places that they will never stop being paranoid or mistrustful and will always assume the worst about anyone in a position of management. Our managers aren't perfect and they mess up just like the rest of us. I think you have to extend some trust in order to get some trust. I also know that when our management team makes mistakes, they are held accountable for it, and I think the execs have gotten much better about making sure people are doing the right things for the right reasons.

Please keep doing what you are doing. There have been missteps, but I do recognize the effort it takes to keep 180+ people pointed in the right direction and pulling together.

There are newer employer reviews for Amplify Credit Union