Amplify Credit Union

www.goamplify.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amplify Credit Union

Disappointing cronyism and lack of accountability

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union

Pros

Amplify Federal Credit Union is located in Austin, TX and is very much a part of the "Austin Scene". The facilities are relative new and comfortable.

Cons

There are really too many to list. This is a pseudo-sorority impersonating a business and the petty gossip and back-biting is overwhelming.

Worry more about the bottom line and effective job performance and less about who is your buddy. Apply all policies evenly at all levels of management.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Amplify Credit Union (View Most Recent)

It keeps getting better!

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union full-time

Pros

Amplify has grown tremendously over the past 6 years. The amount of progress and change we have seen is mind boggling. It is exciting to see us progress and adapt and stay in line or ahead of the competition ( which includes banks that have deeper pockets than a member owned cooperative). There are some inspiring and extremely talented leaders in our little credit union that facilitate personal and professional growth everyday for those who thrive on that sort of thing . One thing that often gets taken for granted is the camaraderie and teamwork we experience working at Amplify. It is well above average compared to where we used to be, and compared to other organizations. Our mission is noble, and Management has done a good job of ensuring it remains the main premise to follow in all decision making. It is the reason many of us have chosen to work here rather than somewhere else.

Cons

Salary reviews happen regularly, but contrary to what we seem to use as a guideline, we are not in line with the competition. Our incentive program could be one of the culprits. The potential to make a certain figure annually needs to be more realistic. What we offer (and they think they can make) seems to always fall way short, even for high producers, leaving employees feeling like they were misled or did not perform well despite their hard work and accolades received. This is very common in the banking industry. Can we come up with something radically different?, better? This might go a long way to attract great talent.

I hope we continue to keep one thing the same; staying committed to improving and enhancing the lives of our employees as well as our members.

Amplify

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amplify has a clearly defined culture which spells out how employees should take care of our members as well as serve and work with each other.

Cons

The culture is slowly being eroded by all the new management hires brought in from outside companies who bring their own ideas with them. These new ideas are often great and will help us grow, yet the culture seems to not be embraced or lost on these new executives and managers who are not holding their teams accountable for the culture or implementing policy changes not in line with our culture.

Please look at redefining what the culture should be and ensure that all team members across every department are being held accountable for these standards.

There are newer employer reviews for Amplify Credit Union