Decent Work with growth opportunity

Current Employee - Engineering in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Engineering in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Amtel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am working on latest mobile security stuff. People are cool and very motivated towards common goal to make a good product. I have rarely seen the level of motivation at previous places I worked at with such devoted following.

Cons

There are deadlines & late hours but they are always there in fast paced companies.

Advice to Management

Investing in more of business development would help in raising profile of the company which has some nice products.

reviews filtered by
  1. Like working environment, down to earth people

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Amtel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are nice to work with. It is a very flat organization with top management interacts with almost everyone. In past places I worked, there were few engineers who were treated well, everyone else was just there. Here almost everyone gets chance to work on good projects. Employee churn is very low as you feel special being part of the organization.

Cons

It is a fast growing company, get ready to work hard. There is lot of new ideas exchanged but it takes time to execute them.

Advice to Management

I see this management as very hands-on because both founders are engineers. The internal drive is to make easy to use products. I have seen sometimes CEO gets down to the product details.

Very bad company to work for

I worked at Amtel full-time

Pros

) Good Location
    2) Easy job interview
    3) You will get a chance to learn older technologies( which you definitely don't want to learn :-))

Cons

1) Very bad management
    2) There is no opportunity for growth , still using outdated technologies
    3) Working culture is not good. Every decision either managerial or technology related is made by a single person(definitely not an expert) without any input from others.
    4) Absence of a platform where you can put forward your suggestions for product improvement.
    5) Though the company is quite old you will not find a single employee who has worked for the company for more than 2 years. Their is no job security.
    6) Lack of basic amenities at workplace.

Advice to Management

Please move forward

Amtel Response

Sep 25, 2013Human Resources

This employee was let go due to misrepresentation in their interview & resume.

Human Resources