Getting Better

Current Employee - Research Associate in Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Research Associate in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Amyris

Pros

The work we do here at Amyris is amazing and once we have all of our products and goals ready to share with with the world we will change the future of synthetic renewable petroleum alternatives and help reduce this planets carbon footprint. There are also many other ways in which we are working to make a positive impact in today's society, and it is great to be a part of this work. There are also a great number of extremely intelligent people to work with and design new experiments and hypotheses with, and it is a very interesting and innovative environment to participate in.

Cons

There are some people who are managerial positions who are not appropriate for those roles, and the work of the people who they manage suffers, as well as the work of others around them.

Advice to Management

People should be more adequately evaluated for which roles they fill, specifically in regards to supervisor or manager type roles, since they will then be in charge of not only their professional future but also the futures of the individuals who they are put in charge of.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great science. Change the world. Maybe a pay cut to come here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Amyris

Pros

Top notch science. Creative atmosphere with lots of smart people. We are trying to save the world, and the atmosphere often feels very energetic toward that goal.

Cons

Some middle and senior management are not great. Disengaged and reactionary. The real leadership and vision comes from the science ranks. Unfortunately, there is an enormous discrepancy in pay between the top scientists and management.

Advice to Management

Do you really deserve 100x+ the compensation of your managees? 3x, 4x, okay, maybe 10x, but 100x? really? This really hurts morale.

2. GE Oil & Gas Service Engimeer

Current Employee - Turbo Machinery Service Engineer - Control and E&I in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at Amyris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good training provided. Overtime and bonus are part of salary scheme. Very challenging job. Career growth chances good.

Cons

Heavy travel for non office based employee.

Advice to Management

N/A