Amyris
www.amyris.com Emeryville, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Getting Better

Research Associate (Current Employee)
Emeryville, CA

ProsThe work we do here at Amyris is amazing and once we have all of our products and goals ready to share with with the world we will change the future of synthetic renewable petroleum alternatives and help reduce this planets carbon footprint. There are also many other ways in which we are working to make a positive impact in today's society, and it is great to be a part of this work. There are also a great number of extremely intelligent people to work with and design new experiments and hypotheses with, and it is a very interesting and innovative environment to participate in.

ConsThere are some people who are managerial positions who are not appropriate for those roles, and the work of the people who they manage suffers, as well as the work of others around them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople should be more adequately evaluated for which roles they fill, specifically in regards to supervisor or manager type roles, since they will then be in charge of not only their professional future but also the futures of the individuals who they are put in charge of.

Great science. Change the world. Maybe a pay cut to come here.

Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Amyris

Pros: Top notch science. Creative atmosphere with lots of smart people. We are trying… Cons: Some middle and senior management are not great. Disengaged and reactionary. The real leadership and vision comes… Advice to Senior Management: Do you really deserve 100x+ the compensation of your managees? 3x,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good at first, but depends on the department you work with. Chaotic in Global Ops

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Amyris

Pros: Most everyone was nice to work with Cons: Too much office politics, especially in Global Ops and Legal Advice to Senior Management: Listen to staff more No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Amyris.

Worked for Amyris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amyris reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amyris CEO John Melo . All reviews posted anonymously by Amyris employees.