Amyris

www.amyris.com

Great science. Change the world. Maybe a pay cut to come here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsTop notch science. Creative atmosphere with lots of smart people. We are trying to save the world, and the atmosphere often feels very energetic toward that goal.

ConsSome middle and senior management are not great. Disengaged and reactionary. The real leadership and vision comes from the science ranks. Unfortunately, there is an enormous discrepancy in pay between the top scientists and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you really deserve 100x+ the compensation of your managees? 3x, 4x, okay, maybe 10x, but 100x? really? This really hurts morale.

Good at first, but depends on the department you work with. Chaotic in Global Ops

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Amyris

Pros: Most everyone was nice to work with Cons: Too much office politics, especially in Global Ops and Legal Advice to Senior Management: Listen to staff more No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Pushing innovation beyond science.

MBA Summer Internship (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

I worked at Amyris as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Startup environment. Provide sustainable solutions to areas where the current… Cons: Company still in development stage although had an IPO 3y… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amyris.

Worked for Amyris? Contribute to the Community!