There are newer employer reviews for Anadarko Petroleum

Challenging, rewarding, work environment based on strong fundamental values

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  The Woodlands, TX
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Anadarko Petroleum full-time for more than a year

Pros

(engineer) Can't say enough good things about APC....compensation/benefits are outstanding, work/life balance is actually generous, opportunities are abounding if you seek them out, job crafting is yours to make. Responsibility is enormous (not a place for someone who wants to coast) and you will often find yourself wear pants sizes 2-3 sizes too big (metaphorically speaking), however, help is available when needed.

The core values are lived out and our performance reviews are based against these

Cons

Personally its hard for me to say anything negative....I have seen other dissatisfied reviews from other departments and that's unfortunate, however, it seems like the vast majority of these reviews are coming from interns and contractors. I have not met another direct hire that seemed unsatisfied, it does seem that APC needs to focus more on these other key areas, we do rely heavily on our contractors. Not in my department, but I have seen other contract personnel treated unfairly and this should never happen, when we do this we cut our own throats

However, contractors in my department are treated as equals, given the same amount of responsibility. etc...

Great job! Inspiring leaders living out core values

Focus on treatment of contractors and interns

75 Other Employee Reviews for Anadarko Petroleum (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - ITS Intern III  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - ITS Intern III in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Anadarko Petroleum as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You actually do an internship here. You learn while you work on projects that help the company.

Cons

It only lasts for the summer.

Keep up the good work with the internship program.

You'd be hard-pressed to find another company as fantastic

Current Employee - ITS Analyst  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - ITS Analyst in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Anadarko Petroleum

Pros

Lots of money

Tons of perks

Pension plan

2 annual bonus plans: individual and company performance based

Gorgeous campus in The Woodlands with 3 gyms and a 12th floor basketball court (under construction in the new tower)

No less than 4 weeks vacation time based on AGE not experience

Community involvement: everyone volunteers for a variety of causes

Very diverse environment; many high-level women and minorities

ETHICS AND MORALS.
    The company is run off of the stated values. All reviews are based on how you lived the values. This fosters a collaborative environment where everyone is quick to pass the credit where credit is due. I've never experienced such a team-oriented workplace.

Cons

Some departments are rumored to not experience the above blissful experiences. That is unfortunate; they are by far the minority.

Keep doing what you're doing. Don't lose sight of humanity. Well taken care of employees return considerable value.

There are newer employer reviews for Anadarko Petroleum

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!