Analog Devices

www.analog.com
  www.analog.com
There are newer employer reviews for Analog Devices

The best place I ever worked at

Current Employee - Analog Design Engineer in Wilmington, MA
Current Employee - Analog Design Engineer in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at Analog Devices

Pros

It's similar to working at university. You are on your own and need to be self motivated, but there is lots of knowledge and help available around if you ask for it. You yourself take care of your professional development, you choose the areas that are most interesting for you, in between design projects you have lots of time and opportunities to research, try different ideas and architectures. If you are lazy and not motivated, it's a good place with stable job for you to sit quietly in your qubicle and slowly do routine projects. But if you love the black magic of analog engineering, that is the best place to grow professionally. As opposed to university it is more rewarding in a sense that you see your ideas implemented in real products very quickly. At companies I worked before I had hard times putting my ideas into silicon, the responce was - "we are not a university, we need to get the product out ASAP, we have no time or resources for that kind of innovations and can not take the risk". Well, I guess that is why ADI is so succesfull - because they do have time for innovation.

Cons

As opposed to professional growth, the career and salary growth is slow. Again like working at university, you will get rewarded after a decade or two of succesfull work and innovations, but don't expect quick appreciation of your efforts.

As opposed to the previous reviewers I don't think better communication with management will do any good. It's part of the ADI culture to have management distanted from professionals and have the least interference with their jobs. From the experience I had from other companies the more management is involved the worse things usually get. The best way to manage is to orgainze the process and environment and let professional do their job.

252 Other Employee Reviews for Analog Devices (View Most Recent)

Good benefits; Poor internal communication

I have been working at Analog Devices

Pros

Pay and benefits are good. The company has money and knows how to manage it. Diversified product line helps during recessions.

Cons

Internal communication is poor most of the time; vague at best. Company can be slow moving strategically.

Treat us like big people, and communicate with us. Listening more would help too.

Thoughts of a 12 year employee.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Wilmington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at Analog Devices

Pros

Company remains profitable during hard times. Layoffs have been held to a minimum over the years.

Cons

Limitted opportunities for promotion. Benefits are below average and getting worse.

Get competitive or you'll loose your talent when things turn up. Reward the talent, even it is just a pat on the back.

There are newer employer reviews for Analog Devices