There are newer employer reviews for Analysis Group

Interesting

I worked at Analysis Group

Pros

Smart people and private offices

Cons

Unless you are working specifically in healthcare, promotion comes slow especially with antitrust work.

73 Other Employee Reviews for Analysis Group (View Most Recent)

Very good for what it is

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Analysis Group

Pros

The people are all very smart, and there's quite a bit of interesting work to be done. The work schedule tends to be flexible. As long as you get your stuff done, people won't really care if you need to cut out early for some reason or come in a bit late. Lots of autonomy and ability to make it the experience you want it to be. Business school placement among analysts seems quite good. It pays pretty well, although bonuses (or my bonus, anyway) wasn't very good last year compared to what was promised.

The pros and cons are similar to the pros and cons of any other economic consulting firm. But from what I can see, the pros tend to be at least as good and often better than other firms, while the cons tend to not be as bad as other places.

Cons

The work can be insanely boring and repetitive at times. Lots of document review/management, deposition summaries, license agreement summaries, etc. You have occasional late nights or weekend work where stuff just has to get done. No promotion past senior analyst unless you get a grad degree. Tougher to market the experience to other employers if you don't want to go straight to grad school, compared to management consulting and investment banking.

Work can be extremely stressful as you're often doing some sort of original, in depth analysis in excel/SAS, and it needs to get done very quickly. There is a strong emphasis on making sure that your work is absolutely error free, AND that things get done fast. This has given me a few gray hairs. I often feel like I'm being constantly judged and tend to get paranoid about making minor errors.

Just keep doing what you're doing, I guess.

Great learning experience.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Analysis Group

Pros

Intelligent coworkers. Flexible work schedule. Interesting and challenging casework. A perfect job for someone coming straight out of college. Steep learning curve in the first year.

Cons

Erractic hours and the workload is very cyclical. Working with Professors who are Nobel Prize-level experts can be very stressful.

Overall, I think that the leadership has done extremely well. They provide junior level employees that time and opportunities to grow, and successful individuals are praised and rewarded.

There are newer employer reviews for Analysis Group