Analysis Group

Excellent Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Analysis Group

Pros

The work at Analysis Group is very interesting. There are always a lot of projects based on a wide variety of industries and topics. The employees are all very smart and humble. There are very few arrogant employees. The organization is very flat and most of the managers are approachable and always will make time to talk. There are also a lot of great amenities in the office, such as bottled water, soft drinks, snacks, cereal, etc.

Cons

The types of projects are limited and can be repetitive. Some of the managers are ineffective and do a poor job both managing employees and also managing client expectations.

The semi-annual review processed could be improved with more quantitative ratings. Also their should be more professional development resources available to analysts, especially more focusing on soft skills like presenting, communicating, and managing teams.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Analysis Group (View Most Recent)

Challenging work

Former Employee - Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Analysis Group

Pros

Great smart intellectual people who are really good at what they do.Great breadth of cases to work on and substantial responsibility early on.

Cons

Poor to non-existent management skills of some associates (hit or miss).

Management training (not case, but people)!

A fun place to work with plenty of opportunities to learn and an excellent culture!

Former Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Analysis Group

Pros

A great collegial culture. People work hard, but aren't competitive (except in office sports and the like). Interesting work projects were available. If you want more responsibility, you could find it.

Cons

Bonuses were decent, but not spectacular, which was a bit of a bummer after 70-80 hour weeks for chunks of the year (Avg hrly wage worked out to a relatively low figure). Also one somewhat senior person begrudged an early exit from the firm to attend grad school, but that was only 1 person (everyone else was supportive). If I weren't leaving so quickly, these 2 items probably would have been mitigated.

They did a real nice job of providing different projects to work on when I was there and the people in the office were great colleagues. I thought the work was intellectually stimulating and I'm very happy with having worked with you guys. I would have liked to make a bit more of a bonus as a pat on the back, but they were generous in other ways and I'm ultimately grateful for the experience. )In their defense, I left early so I can see that they didn't need a bonus to encourage retention.) I'm happy with my time at AG.

There are newer employer reviews for Analysis Group