Analytical Mechanics Associates

www.ama-inc.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Analytical Mechanics Associates

Great pay and benefits, courteous and professional management

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Hampton, VA
Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Hampton, VA

I worked at Analytical Mechanics Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits, well run company, awesome to work at NASA

Cons

I'm putting more words under cons but in fact the pros outweigh the cons. Job security if your NASA customer is not happy. My job at NASA was inspiring to me but job duties are narrowly defined with little opportunity for finding creative solutions in a team environment and little in the way of simultaneous engineering across functions; some NASA rules reduce efficiency. Mostly one customer, NASA contracts (but they are working and succeeding in getting other business)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Company cares about employees

Current Employee - Programmer IV in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Programmer IV in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Analytical Mechanics Associates full-time

Pros

When task ends they try to keep you employed my moving you to other task. Benefits great and they try to work with employees for personal problems that require time off.

Cons

Typical government contract structure which requires multiple reports .

2. Company that cares about employees and customer

Current Employee - Programmer in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Programmer in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Analytical Mechanics Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I also work at NASA as a contractor. So this is my fourth company while I have been here. They are responsive when you have questions and since most employees are all engineers of computer science they can relate to your job. You don't get reviews that cover nothing that you work on which is what happened with all my past companies. The benefits are the best I have had at any of the companies. The best part about this company is the owner. He walks around when he is in various buildings and stops in and says hi. He knows all his employees by name and speaks to them when he sees them which still amazes me with so many people. Even when they are making changes to benefits they meet with you and explain why something must change and they try to usually give options and gets input back from everyone before making a decision. I am really pleased with this company. On my task I get to work on things I never would anywhere else. I am always learning new things and look forward to going to work everyday....which is a huge pro. On career opportunities I ranked high not because of advancement in management which is not high here but advancement in career professionally. I get to work with legends in my field every day , publish papers and get involved in things that may not be specific task but things I am interested in learning more about.

Cons

The cons with this job are the same with all government contractor jobs you can be gone so job security is a worry. That said I have worked here as NASA as a contractor for over 15 years but you always worried if the budget gets cut or the program your are assigned to gets cut. However, then you do have NASA on your resume when you go to look for another job. This company does have other contracts and tries to move you to another NASA task or another contract. But that is just this environment . When the government budget gets cut it is the contractors who will be let go and it is very difficult getting a civil servant job.