There are newer employer reviews for Analytical Services Inc.

Good physical environment and friendly people, but not very technically progressive .

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Analytical Services Inc.

Pros

Very nice physical work environment (if you work in the main building and not on-site). Very friendly people. Management is very supportive.

Cons

They're technically conservative and not very open to new tools and techniques (despite the image they put forth). They have a heavy reliance on .NET and are not very open to alternative tools. They're IT policies are very restrictive for developers.

Advice to Management

Be more open and up-to-date with new tools and techniques and communicate better with employees about project statuses.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good for growth

Current Employee - Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Analytical Services Inc.

Pros

great educational opportunity and commitment to growth

Cons

lack a systematic approach to promotions

Advice to Management

develop a systematic approach to how a person can advance within the company

2. Great co-workers...but NO respect for employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Analytical Services Inc.

Pros

I guess the best thing would be flexibility. I can set my own schedule and work hours are flexible. If I need to be out early or come in late, my boss understands. I have great co-workers who are of constant help and support-working with good people makes all the difference. The PTO package is decent and the company parties are usually quite fun-even the informal stuff like the occasional pizza or bbq lunch. The company is small enough so you know most everyone, which leads to a greater sense of community. If someone needs extra help, others are always willing to jump in and help out with a big project, a computer problem, etc. Overall, the biggest plus: good co-workers.

Cons

Where do I start...although relations between co-workers are good, management treats employees very poorly; instead of recognizing that employees are the driving force of the company, they are seen as disposable commodities. There is little respect for the work you put in everyday. Management communicates very little with the rest of the company, resulting in a rumor mill that rivals most high schools. No performance reviews, no praise for a job well done, no feedback. Don't even think about asking for a raise; even when economic times were good this was near impossible. They can always toss you out the door and bring in someone else for less money. This place is driven by one thing and one thing only: $$$. As an employee, you are simply another burden on senior management's revenue stream, not an asset that can help the company succeed. If management has a problem with you, they don't try to work it out, but let it build until they can toss you out the door. Even with incomplete information, they'll jump to some conclusion and act on it. The facility itself is in horrible shape and is an occupational safety disaster. The HVAC system is a wreck and the building leaks every time it rains. Important decisions are made without worker input or feedback. The company cannot deliver on promised turn-around times and the hiring of incompetent employees has led to questionable data. Transitioning abruptly to a new computer system without working most of the bugs out first has crippled productivity and led to confusion and anger. Several big clients have been lost because of the problems described.

Advice to Management

Start treating your people better. We want to help make things better and would like to contribute to the whole. Communicate with us regarding what's going on. People will feel like greater stakeholders this way and it will help quash the rumor mill. Better compensation may not be an option right now, but if things brighten up economically, paying people well is the quickest way to boost morale, productivity, and attract and retain quality employees. We want to help make things better, but need to feel respected and valuable.

Analytical Services Inc. Response

Mar 4, 2014 – President

Much has changed with our company since this review and we believe Analytical Services Inc (ASI) is better today than ever before. During this time, our company was transitioning after the loss of a ... More