Ancestry.com

www.ancestry.com
  www.ancestry.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ancestry.com

Love, love, love working for Ancestry.com

I have been working at Ancestry.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fun and rewarding work, enjoyable working environment.
I have never worked for a place quite like Ancestry. I enjoy the work I do here, feel appreciated and rewarded for the effort I make day to day.

Cons

For me, there are no cons.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Ancestry.com (View Most Recent)

Interesting Material to work with

Current Employee - Scanner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Scanner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ancestry.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours when requested, interesting documents to work with, reasonable pay, no overbearing supervision or micro management, free worldwide subscription

Cons

Work alone, not enough info to solve problems, lack of useful information, no benefits or paid holidays, poor communication at times

Provide benefits and paid holiday for long term scanners, be more open with info, conduct reviews, celebrate achievements more often, reprimand/address issues with individuals

It's a job

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Associate

I worked at Ancestry.com full-time

Pros

It's a very easy job. You do the basics and you are recognized (not promoted or receive a pay increase). You do get experience working in customer support that looks good on a resume. Give you free software and access to all the websites which is a plus if you are interested in doing your own family history. The guys who work over in RMA are awesome.

Cons

Since it is so easy, it gets boring quickly. The clients are often computer/technology illiterate and it can be extremely frustrating to work with them over the phone (you would think clearing the cache and cookies was brain surgery). Very little opportunity for growth and promotion. There were people who had been in the call center for the better part of the decade in the same position or just one level up. Main reasons why I was yelled at on the phone: Products can be buggy at times, terms and conditions are very absolute but easily misunderstood, and Archives.com is just a terrible site.

Also just look through the other reviews. Notice the only ones who rate the company high is upper management.

1) Have some direction. The CEO came to visit and blatantly said, "What we are doing is working and we hope to keep doing this for the next five to seven years." As he was further asked questions his number one response was "stay the course."
    2) CSAs are treated like a number and management doesn't try to hide it. Each manager meeting is full of stats that show very little how good of an employee you are. We felt that the upper levels over at corporate purposely distanced themselves from the call center.

There are newer employer reviews for Ancestry.com