Anchor Blue is not a place to work for long term growth.

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Anchor Blue

Pros

Excellent work/life balance.
Very good people in the field.
Comfortable work environment.

Cons

Poor decisions by senior management.
Target customer was ill-defined, and initiatives were rolled out with very little communication to support them.
Compensation seemed below industry standards.
Little regard for those below store manager.

Pick a customer, and try to sell to that person.
Do more to include your staff in new initiatives.

Other Reviews for Anchor Blue

Nice place to get a start.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Anchor Blue

Pros

Nice Enviornment, Decent Pay for Sales Associates (Based on Expierence), Taking Time off wasn't a big issue, Frequent staff meetings to keep employees up to date with changes.

Cons

Management feel superior to associates, Lack of decent Communication between staff, No warnings before being laid off, Seasonals- If they tell you they will keep you if you do well- Their lying! When i came in for the interview, they told me that the few seasonals hired will be tranferred to part time depending on work performance, yet around the end of December, without warning, I get a phone call saying there is a "meeting" at the store.. I go in and come to find out, there is no meeting! I've been fired. (My job performance was superior by the way!) It just so happens that ALL seasonals were laid off!

Better staff. Stop giving seasonals hope for part time, knowing they will be laid off!

Anchor Blue a great place to get your retail start.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Anchor Blue

Pros

It would have to be the people that are in the company. In addition the relationships between stores is great. Also the company has all the latest technology. For the most part the DSM's let store management do their jobs. Also the product was great, and of a high quaility.

Cons

The lack of advancement opportunities. Also there was a real problem with un-clear expectations. Also the pay was not up to the industry standard. This would have to be my biggest complaint. Assistant managers were only paid on aveage between 10-12 dollars per hour. The average store manager was paid in the 14.50-20 dollar per hour range.

Get a strong promotion plan in place so that hard working employees can move up through the ranks.

There are newer employer reviews for Anchor Blue.

Worked for Anchor Blue? Contribute to the Community!