There are newer employer reviews for AnchorFree

Poor management and leadership

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at AnchorFree full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The companies overall product is interesting. Privacy and security is a real concern for many both here in the US and abroad.

Cons

No true vision and direction. A majority of the users non-US with constant fires being extinguished when our product is blocked. The long term goal isn't clear to anyone.

My major issue is that no one internally knows what the other person is doing. Individual projects are done secretly, development of products or metrics are months if not years behind. Management is overly aggressive with out providing the tools or the man power needed. Employee retention is poor and medical benefits are horrendous.

Smile a little. Treat your employees better we are replaceable but there's no need to make us feel that way. We can always find work elsewhere.

28 Other Employee Reviews for AnchorFree (View Most Recent)

Unorganized, non-strategic and chaotic atmosphere

Former Employee - UI/User Experience in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - UI/User Experience in Mountain View, CA

I worked at AnchorFree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Catered food, nice coworkers and good office location.

Cons

I worked for Anchorfree for nearly 1 year. Shifted focus constantly and changed roles on a whim. Revenue focused while not focusing on improving the product. Check the reviews on various app stores and you'll see what I mean.

Keep your employees feeling valuable. Growing quickly doesn't mean success when user retention is so poor.

Making a difference in the world by working at AnchorFree

I have been working at AnchorFree

Pros

This is a great Company to define and implement interactive technologies that will have a positive social impact on millions of people. There is a lot of companies in the area of network security that sell software and other solutions to clients that range from small companies to governments. But AnchorFree stood up and started to use network security to secure network communication for consumers all over the world despite the efforts of many repressive governments to stop us. If you want to be on the front line of the Cyberwar for freedom on the Internet this is the right company for you.

Company has started providing hot lunches and provide full medical coverage for the whole family not just the employees. There all kinds of drinks and food available in the kitchen.

There is game room and a gym that has Foosball table and pool table.

Everyone there is treats each other like a family.

Cons

Lots of things to do, but not enough people.

There are newer employer reviews for AnchorFree