There are newer employer reviews for AnchorFree

Extremely bad marketing/customer support manager.

Former Employee - N/A in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - N/A in Mountain View, CA

I worked at AnchorFree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full kitchen. Nice Coworkers. Flexible schedule. Passionate CEO.

Cons

Lack of professionalism by marketing manager. Anger management issues. Certain manager lacks basic human management skills. Very poor training if any at all. Management make false career promises to lure cheap labor. Corporate atmosphere is horrible although they do try to make a random act of kindness once in a blue moon.

Advice to Management

Respect employees and treat them with at least some respect.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unorganized Company that doesn't make their employees feel appreciated

I worked at AnchorFree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Profitable company to work for -Flexible vacation time -Medical/Vision/Dental benefits -Friendly coworkers -Catered food, snacks, drinks -Location (close to freeway, VTA, CalTrain)

Cons

-No room for growth -No employee performance evaluations; no annual raises -Lack of communication between departments - no one knows who does what -Unorganized; No structure -Lack of diversity and company culture -The product itself has had the same problems for the past few years – very little improvement has been made...just like the company

Advice to Management

Give your employees a reason to stay. Make them feel appreciated. Without an incentive, employees aren't driven to provide quality work – This is why the product is buggy, customers are unhappy and your best employees are leaving

Poor management and leadership

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at AnchorFree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The companies overall product is interesting. Privacy and security is a real concern for many both here in the US and abroad.

Cons

No true vision and direction. A majority of the users non-US with constant fires being extinguished when our product is blocked. The long term goal isn't clear to anyone. My major issue is that no one internally knows what the other person is doing. Individual projects are done secretly, development of products or metrics are months if not years behind. Management is overly aggressive with out providing the tools or the man power needed. Employee retention is poor and medical benefits are horrendous.

Advice to Management

Smile a little. Treat your employees better we are replaceable but there's no need to make us feel that way. We can always find work elsewhere.