Andersen Tax

www.andersentax.com
There are newer employer reviews for Andersen Tax

Great company, great learning experience.

Former Employee - Tax Intern in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Tax Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Andersen Tax

Pros

The managers are extremely involved and are very willing to help you learn as much as possible.

Cons

Long hours during busy season, but it comes with the job.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Andersen Tax (View Most Recent)

Unbelievable

Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Andersen Tax

Pros

The building is a nice facility and located in a great location. My incoming class of new hires I became especially close with out of solidarity.

Cons

WTAS is a glittering example of how not to run a company.

Hours of work during "busy season" (tax deadline season twice a year) are more than investment banking hours. Management mismanages client work and fails to communicate the urgency of needed client documents.

Management and leadership care little about your professional development and merely seek to maintain their book of business from the Anderson days.

Turnover speaks for itself, as it surpassed 40% when I was employed there.

I've been told other offices are better with culture, learning, and hours. Los Angeles is the black sheep of the corporate family. Looking back, I see WTAS as waste of of my professional time.

Retire and give the reins to new blood who understand how to run a company. It may be a CPA firm, but organizational capacity and professionalism run real organizations.

Pass

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andersen Tax

Pros

Good place to come if you're green, fresh from school.

Cons

Work life balance is offered in lip service only. People fight for bragging rights by getting to the office earlier than anyone.....4am etc. Or, staying late, even sleeping in their office/cube.

Most of senior management from AA days are out of touch; they've never worked anywhere else and have a skewed perspective on workplace etiquette and culture. They encourage employees to report on other employees inappropriately and are rewarded.

Every few years there seems to be uncertainty on their future.

CEO is known as ego-maniacal and insecure with anger management issues; he also fuels gossip.

Bullying atmosphere.

Pay is low.

Partners stop lording over people below MD levels. Enough with the sports analogies... remember this is a workplace, not a boys high school locker room. Stop instigating hazing behavior a la boys on a football field. Be more transparent, instead of keeping everyone in the dark and forcing the rumor mill to work overtime. Realize favoritism by MDs and CEO is clear to all; Employees know who feeds their ears.

There are newer employer reviews for Andersen Tax