Everything is just OK

Current Employee - Senior
Current Employee - Senior

I have been working at Andersen Tax

Pros

-work/life balance is better than the big4 (our chargable hour goal is a lot lower)
-pressure is lower than at a big4
-less structured than other firms (there's a lot more opportunities to work with partners/directors directly here than at other firms which seem to have more rigid structures, i.e. staffs only work with seniors who only work with managers, etc.)
-salaries are about on par with market

Cons

-technology here is a joke
-the firm is really cheap (e.g. limited "events" and happy hours)
-not a lot of interoffice collaboration
-training could improve (more trainings are done by webcast which isn't the best way to learn)

Advice to Management

Invest in technology and training! We're literally 10 years behind other firms in terms of technology (e.g. we still use Windows XP and do not have wireless in our offices). Technology actually makes a big difference in terms of efficiency and productivity. Training could also be greatly improved in terms of frequency and variety (webcasts are probably the least effective way to learn anything).

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place to learn, bad place to live...

I have been working at Andersen Tax

Pros

hands-on experience and accelerated exposure to upper management; accelerated career path based on star performance

Cons

ego-maniac CEO who creates an unnecessarily seemingly competitive environment which is really counter-productive; out of the click if know nothing about sports or if not off the charts in terms of chargeability. totally incompetent HR team. Summary of culture: a bunch of cronies!

Advice to Management

Be Objective and open-minded. Look outside of management's inner-circle. Upgrade HR team - HR should lead by example and be staffed w/ a leader who truely cares about people and issues rather than politics.

Get out after a 1 or 2 years

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Andersen Tax

Pros

I wanted a place to learn some basics and this was it.

Cons

They grind you up and beat you down to exceed billing minimums.
    Onboarding process in SF is weak.
    CEO is known as adept only at taxes, not with people. People just smile at him and listen to him held captive, because he is the CEO. Then they shake their heads.
    Technology falls drastically behind their competitors. Rumors about the longevity of the firm swirl.
    Older MDs are sorely out of touch. Younger MDs were promoted very quickly, some say too quickly.

Advice to Management

Get competitive with salaries.
    Upgrade your technology.