Anderson Merchandisers

www.amerch.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

If you like Retail this is a job for you!

Current Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

- Early hours which vary and typically off by afternoon
- 2 days off usually per week
- Benefits for full-time employees are decent and improve after one year
- District Manager is very competent and aware of issues which arise
- Work by yourself and at a pace which most can handle

Cons

- A lot of customers will approach you so you have to help them at Wal-Mart/Best Buy
- Hours can and sometimes will be cut when projects are priority
- Sometimes you can't finish project done in given time
- Unhappy Best Buy employees under stress bring moral down
- Best Buy or Wal Mart will sometimes use you as one of their "employees"
- Somewhat lack of communication between Management of Anderson and Best Buy
- A lot of survery's to do each day, which sometimes are irrelevant/but are necessary for upper management to understand what's going on.
- Many things to do so you have to balance your week and hours

Try to get more in touch with the upper management of Wal-Mart or Best Buy with Anderson's District Managment.

205 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

A 5 year nightmare I would like to forget.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

Working from home is occasionally allowed. Some of the lower management team leads are awesome. The executive management really knows what they are doing but unless you are an executive, this won't affect you other than to give you some job security.

Cons

Benefits are awful but better than nothing. Vacation must be taken if you run out of sick time and you will work so much overtime it will make you sick. Overtime is the standard not the exception. Work life balance is as bad as I have seen it anywhere I have ever worked. Never mind that you will never get more vacation than 3 weeks. From 10 years to 40+. As hard as you work here, you need at least a month beginning in the 5th year. There is no comp time policy because everyone in my department, except for 3 - 4 teams are Exempt.

Add a comp time policy for Exempt employees, and punish the ones that abuse it, instead of taking it away from everyone. Increase vacation for anyone in their 5th to 10th years and increase vacation benefits for anyone in years 11+; thereby, making the hard work here pay off in the long run better than it does. Add employees to improve the resources available for large projects, which are a daily occurrence. The executive management team does an outstanding job on expanding the company and lines of business, but not so great keeping up with the number of employees required to balance an extremely high workload for a growing company. Contrary to popular belief we do not like working 100 hours of overtime in less than 6 weeks.

It was just "okay"

Current Employee - Very Part Time Job, Horrible Pay in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Very Part Time Job, Horrible Pay in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

Flexible morning hours. Nice for people who just want a little extra money.

Cons

No hours, was only working 12 hours a week after the holidays.. no more than that. I asked for another store or an extra day and they refused. They were having me do 20+ hours of work in 12 hours and were upset if I could not finish.The pay is the worst. Don't expect to get rich or pay your rent, they pay the lowest in any merchandising company.

All in all, the district I worked for was horrible. I would not go back.

Give more hours and better pay, better benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers