Company Review

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Inver Grove Heights, MN
Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is not over bearing, allows independent work.

Cons

Too many channels of communication to check

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Was great at the beginning, but saw the light towards the end.

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Miami, FL

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allowance of independent work basically no managers watching over your shoulder. Simple tasks.

Cons

Hours slowed down dramatically after the holiday period. They expect a full days work to be done in a 4 hour or less time span by a single employee. Promises from interview were never fulfilled. STRESSFUL if you don't have the hours to do the work.

Advice to Management

I was one of the first Retail Media Merchandisers for best buy after their launch, they made WAY too many promises at the interview and never fulfilled them. One, they said after 3 months there was going to be a .50 cent raise, but come 3 months after they said that they were not going to do that anymore. I was also promised full time after my first couple of weeks, they end up telling me i had to wait until after the holiday period... waited and nothing. I worked as hard as the supervisors at any store and was praised repeatedly for my hard work. YET, come January my hours were reduced to 10 hours a week, which was unacceptable on their part. I mentioned to my department supervisor numerous times about my promotion and full time hours and blatantly told me no. They even had me come in for 2 hours one day to set up for the Breaking Dawn release, by myself, on top of that they said I would get penalized and written up if I went over my hours. Total BS. I had it with this job, I found a better job and basically stopped going. They showed me no respect, so I didn't give them the satisfaction of a 2 weeks notice. Word of advice to others, do not work here, it might seem nice at the beginning but if you need a stable job and you have bills to pay, try going somewhere else.

2. Typical Corporation.....

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work in an autonomous environment/independently

Cons

*Unrealistic work expectations- full time responsibilities in a part-time environment *Constantly being admonished for going over "budget," yet they want the work done at the drop of a hat with only one or two employees staffed *Micromanagement via surveys, which takes up a large chunk of time that could be utilized wisely to finish projects

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to the "back bone" of your company by having the wealth of upper management "trickle down"; corporate greed is the problem!