Anderson Merchandisers

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

UGH

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place for stating out as a merchandiser. WAS the best job I ever had as far as pay and working independently.

Cons

Too much to do in 40 hours. Chinese overtime is the pits. Anything you work over is less than minimum wage because it is considered an EXEMPT position. Communication is horrible. STAY AWAY!!!

Call a conference call with ramdom reps so you know what is going on in the field. WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RAISE IN 4 YEARS!!! What gives??? You hired all these new part-timers and iTunes people. That $ is coming from somewhere. Get on the ball or all of your good people are going to walk.

198 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

Was great at the beginning, but saw the light towards the end.

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Miami, FL

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Allowance of independent work basically no managers watching over your shoulder.
    Simple tasks.

Cons

Hours slowed down dramatically after the holiday period.
    They expect a full days work to be done in a 4 hour or less time span by a single employee.
    Promises from interview were never fulfilled.
    STRESSFUL if you don't have the hours to do the work.

I was one of the first Retail Media Merchandisers for best buy after their launch, they made WAY too many promises at the interview and never fulfilled them. One, they said after 3 months there was going to be a .50 cent raise, but come 3 months after they said that they were not going to do that anymore. I was also promised full time after my first couple of weeks, they end up telling me i had to wait until after the holiday period... waited and nothing. I worked as hard as the supervisors at any store and was praised repeatedly for my hard work. YET, come January my hours were reduced to 10 hours a week, which was unacceptable on their part. I mentioned to my department supervisor numerous times about my promotion and full time hours and blatantly told me no. They even had me come in for 2 hours one day to set up for the Breaking Dawn release, by myself, on top of that they said I would get penalized and written up if I went over my hours. Total BS. I had it with this job, I found a better job and basically stopped going. They showed me no respect, so I didn't give them the satisfaction of a 2 weeks notice.

Word of advice to others, do not work here, it might seem nice at the beginning but if you need a stable job and you have bills to pay, try going somewhere else.

Nightmare experience

Former Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS in Irving, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Autonomy, you don't have to unload trucks, air-conditioned environment, shifts are usually pretty short, products are kind of interesting to work with

Cons

The workload is totally unrealistic for the amount of time you're scheduled for. I worked at Best Buy for less than two months, but I was scheduled every Sunday because the guy who started at the same time I did quit after working on his own for one day. I heard the girl who worked there before us was under so much pressure from the Best Buy general manager that she was crying. A typical Sunday is getting to the store at 5 a.m., printing off hundreds of price tags, and then pulling the old tags and placing new ones using a planogram. Then you have to rearrange the movies and CD's to match the tags. On top of this, there are a lot of other tasks that must be done, such as filling out logs, changing prices on individual items, setting up and stocking other displays, changing signage, pulling merchandise to send back, straightening up the shelves and keeping things clean. You're expected to do all this in five hours or less, even if you're new, sleep-deprived, and totally stressed out. The company makes you use a handheld computer to take "surveys" asking if you completed everything, and you have to take pictures to prove it. Even the people who trained me said to falsify answers because there literally is not enough time. I'm a hard worker, and I moved as fast as my hands would go and only took breaks to go to the bathroom, but could not do it. The Best Buy people are supposed to take over and complete what you can't get to, but they don't do anything to help.

See the above cons