Anderson Merchandisers

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

UGH

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place for stating out as a merchandiser. WAS the best job I ever had as far as pay and working independently.

Cons

Too much to do in 40 hours. Chinese overtime is the pits. Anything you work over is less than minimum wage because it is considered an EXEMPT position. Communication is horrible. STAY AWAY!!!

Call a conference call with ramdom reps so you know what is going on in the field. WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RAISE IN 4 YEARS!!! What gives??? You hired all these new part-timers and iTunes people. That $ is coming from somewhere. Get on the ball or all of your good people are going to walk.

194 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

Nightmare experience

Former Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS in Irving, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Autonomy, you don't have to unload trucks, air-conditioned environment, shifts are usually pretty short, products are kind of interesting to work with

Cons

The workload is totally unrealistic for the amount of time you're scheduled for. I worked at Best Buy for less than two months, but I was scheduled every Sunday because the guy who started at the same time I did quit after working on his own for one day. I heard the girl who worked there before us was under so much pressure from the Best Buy general manager that she was crying. A typical Sunday is getting to the store at 5 a.m., printing off hundreds of price tags, and then pulling the old tags and placing new ones using a planogram. Then you have to rearrange the movies and CD's to match the tags. On top of this, there are a lot of other tasks that must be done, such as filling out logs, changing prices on individual items, setting up and stocking other displays, changing signage, pulling merchandise to send back, straightening up the shelves and keeping things clean. You're expected to do all this in five hours or less, even if you're new, sleep-deprived, and totally stressed out. The company makes you use a handheld computer to take "surveys" asking if you completed everything, and you have to take pictures to prove it. Even the people who trained me said to falsify answers because there literally is not enough time. I'm a hard worker, and I moved as fast as my hands would go and only took breaks to go to the bathroom, but could not do it. The Best Buy people are supposed to take over and complete what you can't get to, but they don't do anything to help.

See the above cons

Good

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

flex hours, independent work environment

Cons

Working every sunday morning gets old

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers