Anderson Merchandisers
www.amerch.com Amarillo, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Your on your own

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for more than a year

ProsNo one is looking over your shoulder, decent pay for no college education, ability to grow if you get a college education as district management as jobs don't require much job specific skills. Not all people who work at big box stores hate their lives and are bad people, you have potential to build decent relationships. Also, driving sales is becoming less and less important, doing surveys and at least showing you tried goes a long way, you will never get fired for "poor sales", rather, working off the clock, poor dress, or misusing company phone are more likely for discipline.

Consmanagement has no clue whats going on on the sales floor, and if you have the misfortune to be a sales rep during a management change it will take months before things run smoothly again. As well, if the manager hired never worked as a sales rep, you are screwed, because he just won't understand what it's like to work in walmart/bestbuy politics. People either grant you floor space for products, help you, or don't care, and management has no understanding of that. It's yes or no depending on the person or day, and there's nothing you can do to change it. Remember when dealing with walmart employees they have no care whether or not you have a good sales pitch to them, they make no commission from it, so no matter how good a salesman you fancy yourself, you will find that this job is not traditional sales job to any degree whatsoever. Oh and btw, commission is a joke, it's cds, dvds, and books... not exactly the best field to get into if you want to make the big bucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to say. This company is so corporate it's crazy. And on top of it, incredibly detached from employees as everyone is on their own. All we are to you is a bunch of checkmarks on whether or not a survey was completed. Try to do something to make us feel a LITTLE more human.

Lots of autonomy and flexibility at work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros: Anderson Merchandisers gives a lot of autonomy and flexibility at work. One is free to pursue opportunities… Cons: There is a lack of co-ordination between different departments. Each person is mostly interested in doing their own thing without… More

Easy job, complicated process

Retail Media Merchandiser (Current Employee)

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros: I started merchandising in their Best Buy Stores: Easy job Not much heavy lifting Decent Pay No micromanaging Do not need too much training to do the job at least… Cons: Unable to contact supervisor if needed. (The managers at the store hate that because they can't contact either.) Some incompetent workers (our full timer was hated… Advice to Senior Management: Keep focusing on ways to streamline your communication. It's difficult to feel productive when I have to check multiple different sources of communication which takes… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Anderson Merchandisers.

Worked for Anderson Merchandisers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anderson Merchandisers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Anderson Merchandisers employees.