There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

My District manager was rude and very disrespectful

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nebraska City, NE
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nebraska City, NE

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

working on own is about the only good thing

Cons

not enough hours to do all work required....my DM was constantly on my back to get displays on floor even though I told her multiple times that the Walmart manager didn't want them due to lack of space for them...my DM worked with me one an proceeded to call me dumb, stupid and sassy and i was forced by her to work 2 hours unpaid, i would not recommend this job...at least in the territory i was in with the DM I had.

train your DM's to treat the reps with respect and not talk to them in a way that makes them feel like idiots.

181 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

Retail Media Merchandiser

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Moline, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Moline, IL

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Honestly...I can not think of one...

Cons

The team sigma they want to plant in everyone's head...there is no "TEAM" aspect...they do not help, back, or ask you your ideas, concept, or possibilities

Make manegent follow the dress expectrations, and work thought of Anderson...or a work aspect.

Unprofessional, Poorly managed and Misleading

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly, not a single thing about this job is a "pro" unless you DON'T want hours, DON'T like pay and enjoy being treated poorly by both your "boss" and the stores' department manager.

Cons

Poor management from the top down; part-timers report to full-timers, not because they are good at their job or knowledgeable, just because they are "full time" which leads to all kinds of interesting circumstances due to lack of knowledge and poor management skills.

District and regional managers have NO IDEA what goes on in their stores, pad stats to look better to higher-ups.

Hired for 25 hours- cut the first week to 20, cut again two weeks later to 9 but still expected to complete the same amount of work and regularly get, literally, yelled at due to not being able to.

Constantly asked to lie to their corporate clientele. I regularly must complete surveys saying "I did this" and "I did that" but in reality the stores I'm calling about are 30+ miles away and I've never been in them let alone been there today to stock new releases and put u signage.

You're told you have all sorts of flexibility in hours and that is a flat-out lie, you are scheduled months in advance and the only way to change it is to call off.

Poor support system in place for employees- the average wait time for the Help Desk (the only people who have any idea what's going on) is somewhere near 40 minutes. RIDICULOUS. If you go over your allotted hours do to this you get written up but if you don't call them you get written up.

Very little actual instruction but much raised voices when things aren't done to their liking. You're expected "to just figure it out" quite a bit, which goes over WONDERFULLY with store management when you tell them that.

They don't listen, at all. I have considerable experience in this field; my suggestions are met with nothing but scorn and contempt.

You need to figure out what's ACTUALLY going on and I don't mean your lame once-per-month visits. Hell, I've worked for this company for 3 months and haven't met anyone other then then "my full-timer" (that's what she tells me her title is). Where's my 90 day evaluation?

Just because someone can hold a job DOES NOT mean they should manage others. In fact I bet this policy has the exact opposite affect that you think it does, very few of the "full-timers" out there have any management skills.

Good luck moving forward, a simple Google search shows a lot of resentment about this company and I plan to tell anyone who will listen how poorly managed this company is and expose the lies to their corporate costumers. Notice I checked "current employee" at the end, not "former."

Keep your hours consistent! Stop treating people like consumable commodities.

Everything about this company reeks of a scheme to get a few people at the top well-paid on the labor and shame of others.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers