There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Retail Media Merchandiser

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser  in  Moline, IL
Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Moline, IL

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly...I can not think of one...

Cons

The team sigma they want to plant in everyone's head...there is no "TEAM" aspect...they do not help, back, or ask you your ideas, concept, or possibilities

Make manegent follow the dress expectrations, and work thought of Anderson...or a work aspect.

168 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser  in  West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time for more than a year

Pros

There are really no Pros!!!

Cons

In the interview they promise you the world but deliver nothing but headaches! They expect everything and give nothing in return. The salary is not worth those headaches. They are failing miserably with their clients, Best Buy and their employees. If they offer you a job-run...run as fast as you can and don't look back. On a daily basis corporate screws up and they turn around and expect you to correct it. Corporate is so inept they have even scewed up the fix on their screw ups and not just once but multiple times. As I stated earlier, this is by far the worst company and job I have ever had.

Unprofessional, Poorly managed and Misleading

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly, not a single thing about this job is a "pro" unless you DON'T want hours, DON'T like pay and enjoy being treated poorly by both your "boss" and the stores' department manager.

Cons

Poor management from the top down; part-timers report to full-timers, not because they are good at their job or knowledgeable, just because they are "full time" which leads to all kinds of interesting circumstances due to lack of knowledge and poor management skills.

District and regional managers have NO IDEA what goes on in their stores, pad stats to look better to higher-ups.

Hired for 25 hours- cut the first week to 20, cut again two weeks later to 9 but still expected to complete the same amount of work and regularly get, literally, yelled at due to not being able to.

Constantly asked to lie to their corporate clientele. I regularly must complete surveys saying "I did this" and "I did that" but in reality the stores I'm calling about are 30+ miles away and I've never been in them let alone been there today to stock new releases and put u signage.

You're told you have all sorts of flexibility in hours and that is a flat-out lie, you are scheduled months in advance and the only way to change it is to call off.

Poor support system in place for employees- the average wait time for the Help Desk (the only people who have any idea what's going on) is somewhere near 40 minutes. RIDICULOUS. If you go over your allotted hours do to this you get written up but if you don't call them you get written up.

Very little actual instruction but much raised voices when things aren't done to their liking. You're expected "to just figure it out" quite a bit, which goes over WONDERFULLY with store management when you tell them that.

They don't listen, at all. I have considerable experience in this field; my suggestions are met with nothing but scorn and contempt.

You need to figure out what's ACTUALLY going on and I don't mean your lame once-per-month visits. Hell, I've worked for this company for 3 months and haven't met anyone other then then "my full-timer" (that's what she tells me her title is). Where's my 90 day evaluation?

Just because someone can hold a job DOES NOT mean they should manage others. In fact I bet this policy has the exact opposite affect that you think it does, very few of the "full-timers" out there have any management skills.

Good luck moving forward, a simple Google search shows a lot of resentment about this company and I plan to tell anyone who will listen how poorly managed this company is and expose the lies to their corporate costumers. Notice I checked "current employee" at the end, not "former."

Keep your hours consistent! Stop treating people like consumable commodities.

Everything about this company reeks of a scheme to get a few people at the top well-paid on the labor and shame of others.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Worked for Anderson Merchandisers? Contribute to the Community!