There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Anderson

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company seems to be growing.

Cons

Pay increases are very small.

Show you associates that you appreciate them.

reviews filtered by

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Shelton, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Shelton, WA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Weekends/Most Holidays off
    If you like to travel you'll love this job as 2-3 hours of your shift will be dedicated too driving.
    If you are transitioning from a minimum wage job pay is decent
    If you're tech savvy then dealing with movies/books/cd's might be your thing

Cons

Not Enough time to get projects done. While being trained was essentially told too not do somethings such as zoning and stocking things as projects and such had more importance.

When Hired was told I would be dealing with Movies/Cd's/Books. You will soon find that you're doing almost everything there is too do in a store. You're essentially doing the job of 10 people in a days work which almost all of the time is unreasonable for the pay that you receive. They want you too stay at 40 hours during training, which is nigh impossible as well.

My normal work day would start at 8 am and not get over until 9pm some nights.
    . If you're expecting a good day job prepare for overnights for a lot of movie titles as you will have to go in and work 12pm to 8am getting the displays set up.

Overall this job would be okay if they had more than one rep working a store. The work isn't hard, however the amount of work that is required is incredibly overbearing a lot of times. I was only in training and the amount of things that they want you to complete in a 40 hour work week is just not reasonable.

Unless you enjoy doing more work than what they're paying you for I wouldn't suggest this job too anyone. The work is easy but don't expect it too be short. They expect you too put out all the movies/books/cd's which can amount too 4-5 pallets near daily perfectly set on-top of the displays/store manager contact/side projects.

I'm glad I got out when I did, most of the reps I worked with looked beyond stressed and completely exhausted everyday. I liked the people I worked with and I believe that my DM was pretty good the expectations were too high too reach for most.

Lower the work-load or add more reps too stores to get things done. If you're making this much money try increasing the pay if you can't do that at least because doing all that for a mere 12$ an hour is just not worth it.

2. just ok

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

working with music/dvd product all day

Cons

not enough hours to get the job done properly....only early morning shifts are available starting around 5 or 6 AM a couple days per week. Prepare to work almost every Sunday, but be done for the day by 11AM.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers