There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Great Company

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist
Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours are great. Work mostly in the mornings and done by a little after noon. If you develop a strong relationship with Best Buy, your job is much easier.

Cons

Work Sunday mornings. If you go to church every Sunday morning and can't figure out a different time to go, this is not for you.

Work on communicating better with lower level employees to better serve stores.

180 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

Stay Away

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Starting Pay, District Manager is caring but knows nothing about what is going on in the stores.

Cons

More work than you are led to believe, full timers are over stressed and have anger management problems that trickles down to the part timers who are there to help

Better train your full time staffers. Be more up front about work duties.

Frustrating

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Autonomy (other than the occasional stiff from the Best Buy staff, you don't have someone watching over your shoulder)
    -Pay is not bad (I was 11.50/hour)

Cons

-Way too much work, not enough time. A lot of the tasks are useless and stupid and serve no real benefit other than passing the time.

You're handling an entire department of the store on your own. My first couple of weeks I was with a full time employee who trained me and helped out a lot. But then the store was given to me and I kept wondering when they would send another employee. They didn't.

After a few months I stopped caring about most of it. I did what the Anderson management cared about most (the surveys, basically visual proof that the essentials were being done), but I often delayed or skipped the other stuff because there simply isn't enough time to do it.

Either give employees more time to accomplish tasks, or get together with Best Buy and have some of their people take over some of the stuff. A lot of them just stand around chatting anyway. Or have more people assigned per store, that would help a lot.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers