Great Company

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist
Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are great. Work mostly in the mornings and done by a little after noon. If you develop a strong relationship with Best Buy, your job is much easier.

Cons

Work Sunday mornings. If you go to church every Sunday morning and can't figure out a different time to go, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Work on communicating better with lower level employees to better serve stores.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Amerch used to be a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working independently. Company starting to pick up products/companies with a future.

Cons

No pay increase of any kind in over 5 years while company showing profits. Workload has doubled.

Advice to Management

Listen. Stop trying to resurrect dead products, getting behind singers that can't sing, etc... Take a realistic view of projects and whether or not the field can accomplish, not just saying yes to every job offered. Doesn't help morale when field is living paycheck to paycheck and mgmt comes to town bragging about new Ipad WE helped them win, exotic vacations they've taken, etc. Need more team building.

Frustrating

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Autonomy (other than the occasional stiff from the Best Buy staff, you don't have someone watching over your shoulder) -Pay is not bad (I was 11.50/hour)

Cons

-Way too much work, not enough time. A lot of the tasks are useless and stupid and serve no real benefit other than passing the time. You're handling an entire department of the store on your own. My first couple of weeks I was with a full time employee who trained me and helped out a lot. But then the store was given to me and I kept wondering when they would send another employee. They didn't. After a few months I stopped caring about most of it. I did what the Anderson management cared about most (the surveys, basically visual proof that the essentials were being done), but I often delayed or skipped the other stuff because there simply isn't enough time to do it.

Advice to Management

Either give employees more time to accomplish tasks, or get together with Best Buy and have some of their people take over some of the stuff. A lot of them just stand around chatting anyway. Or have more people assigned per store, that would help a lot.