Anderson Merchandisers

www.amerch.com
  www.amerch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Really easy job, outdated technology

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours made this job perfect for me both while I was in school and after graduation. The pay is competitive and the work is easy. My favorite part of the job was building those cardboard movie display units on new release Tuesday.

My bosses were all easy-going and I always felt respected.

Cons

Even though I worked as a part-time merchandiser for 22 months and was told I would be given a smartphone for my job, my district manager repeatedly reneged. Having a smartphone and a handheld scanner would have made me many factors more productive.

Instead, I had to spend anywhere between 0:15 mins and 1:00 on my personal phone with a call center.

When I needed to check inventory on an item, I would have to rely on a notoriously stand-offish Walmart employee.

It also seemed to me that I was spending way more time in a single store than any of the other vendors. Combined with the fact that Anderson Merchandisers primarily serves Walmart and Sam's Club, I sometimes felt like a Walmart employee.

My advice to management is to design a system that better accounts for the differences in store size and sends an appropriate quantity of product &/or a manageable number of merchandising projects.

194 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

Unrealistic goals and Hostile work enviroment

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

Autonomy to work alone
    Monday thru Friday work week
    Ability to work with numerous retail channels

Cons

Many projects that are set are unrealistic to complete within a 40 work week. Pressure is placed by management that you are not doing your job well if you can not complete. Audits are done on your work by coming into stores and changing planograms to see if you will catch it and change it.. (More work added thru this practice) Everyday you go to work wondering what obsticales are placed by management or what is just normal day to day work . Travel is not compensated well, they say that a 4 week history is done on gas but this is not true. Recently gas has increased 60 cents and it is still at .31 a mile

ake sure you are following labor guidelines, respect and treat your employees well thru recognition, benefits and incentives.

High expectations - minimal pay

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of autonomy
    Free movies from movie companies

Cons

Company doesn't pay well, and doesn't give raises
    Antiquated communication/technology makes employees feel disconnected from company
    Very little positive feedback from management
    Some current projects can be physically harmful and it appears that HQ doesn't care

Pay your employees well and they will perform well. Appreciate your employees for all their accomplishments and recognize that THEY drive the business. Consider the health and well being of your employees when making business decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers