There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Automatic Termination Policy Sucks!

Former Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS  in  Newport News, VA
Former Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS in Newport News, VA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get free movies
They work around hours for students, mom, etc

Cons

Not enough time to stock, clean, etc
They can call and ask you to stop working at anytime
Poor management on Best Buy side, yet this company has to deal with them
Too many unnecessary project, assignments, etc that has nothing to do with movies

Get rid of that Automatic Termination Policy. You mean to tell me you can have the best employee or any Best Buy associates/management can "harass" your employee; it takes one letter from Best Buy management to ask for an automatic termination? You are asking for not trusting your employees, even though you hired them. Just because this company have a contract with Best Buy, doesn't mean you have to bow down to them like they are your master(s). I've worked with this company for over 2 years and I would never think that this company will stoop this low to termination their employees like that.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

Trapped and depressed

Current Employee - Retail  in  Lacrosse, WA
    Current Employee - Retail in Lacrosse, WA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None, unless working 24/7 is your thing

Cons

Oppressive workload week after week after week--if you're sick or on vacation, you still have to get your surveys done, which could take up to 4-5 hours off your vacation time. Home office is in denial about sick/vac coverage in the sales field or DOESN'T GIVE A #, other than to collect $$ from clients.
    Repeated emergencies, schedule changes, inconsistent due dates wreak havoc with smooth conduct of business and completion of weekly workload.
    After years and years of employing part-timers, no training package is available for full-timers to present consistent information to new employees. My new part-timer wasn't told she was expected to work on Thanksgiving day when hired.
    We are ALL overworked, underpaid, and underemployed (that means, smarter and/or more educated than necessary to perform the duties of our positions, which many companies would realize is a GOOD thing and would take advantage of).

Get out your CALCULATORS!!!! If you make me go to all my stores on Tuesday, that only leaves 4 remaining workdays to complete the oppressive workload you hand me every week. No full-time rep should have more than 4 stores in his/her territory. AND: 10 hour projects times 4 stores means 40 hours of additional work, on top of the regular tasks assigned. AND: I should never have to work for $5.59 per each hour of overtime, but that's how you THANK ME for my years of dedication and the work ethic that has allowed you to remain in business. FINALLY: I dare you to get into a territory and WORK OUR WORKLOAD FOR EVEN A WEEK! Then go think about what you have been doing to us for the past several years. You should be ashamed of yourselves. If you aren't, then there's no hope for you. And be assured it WILL catch up to you sooner or later.

Ladder to the moon

Current Employee - RSM  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - RSM in Portland, OR

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Independent work environment, decent starting wage.

Cons

The expectations from week to week are so unrealistic that they might as well slip "build a ladder to the moon" among the rest of the weekly tasks.

Come down to Earth. Try and build some consistency from week to week. Pay for a realistic amount of hours to complete the projects you've taken on, or don't bite off more than you can chew.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Worked for Anderson Merchandisers? Contribute to the Community!