Anderson Merchandisers

www.amerch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

not too bad

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

somewhat flexible work schedule, independent work

Cons

weekend work, not much help or support from management

190 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

Great merchandising job

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

you work at best buy and you are pretty much your own boss

Cons

bad hours. not very flexible and you have to work tuesdays and sundays at 7 AM

don't make it mandatory to work on Sundays.

Work Smarter, Not Harder

Current Employee - TSL
    Current Employee - TSL

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Anyone out there reading this who has been with the company a while will understand exactly what I'm about to say. For those of you who are new - listen up. The company works off percentages. I make the analogy of an overbooked flight. We have too many activities-too much work to adequately complete in any given week. Therefore, some things have to be bumped. Yes, goodbye, sayonara. Maybe we'll meet again next week, but for right now.....

Look at your tasks/activities and do the best you can. What you can't do in the demanded timeframe needs to be answered "unable to complete at this time". (if the quota isn't met by others, the activity will return again next week...so you worry about it then...if it's been met - happy days and hey, it's clear you would have run yourself into the ground the previous week for nothing, BUT the company gets paid for making the quota...and it happened....WITHOUT YOU)

You can drive yourself crazy trying to complete everything to the level you know our third party clients expect. Forget it. Do what you can and say goodnight. Once you adopt this attitude, your life will take on a level of serenity the company would NEVER advocate.

Understand the company is not going to change....they have their agenda. The field staff need to take control (because we can), since we are the ones out there implementing their (too many times screwed up) directives.

So....do what you can and realize the rest of the field staff is doing what they can.....and therein lies the percentage Anderson is looking for in order to get paid. End of story. If your DM gets on your case about xyz "Yes, I'm a litle overwhelmed, can you send a PT or someone to help me out. please". What can they say?. Let's hear a case of a DM firing a FT for the inability to complete all activities .Anyone?

Cons

Hmm...I'm a little jaded from listing the pros.

Oh, this makes me tired thinking about it. But if I had to list one thing- WM Market Managers!!!! please get them involved to support the field staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers