There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

not too bad

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

somewhat flexible work schedule, independent work

Cons

weekend work, not much help or support from management

168 Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers (View Most Recent)

Not all change is good

Current Employee - Merchandise/Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Merchandise/Sales Associate

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Was a neat job...but then.

Cons

This company is trying to grow and change with the times, but they are behind the curve. Music and movie sales are dying and so they are getting any contract (big or small) and trying to run with it. There is not enough time to do any of it right, so everyone gives each task a low priority. Management is a joke. Policies where you get wrote up and eventually fired for time clock errors that are not your fault because the system does not always work right. There is a reason they have been sued many times in the past and saw another one get started recently. Run away. Not worth your time.

Fire all management and get in some people to turn around this ship. It is sinking...

Started out well, but now.....

Current Employee - TSL
    Current Employee - TSL

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You work mostly on your own with very infrequent mgmt visits

Cons

The activities we are asked to do are way more than any person can get done in a 40 hour work week. We are told if we cannot complete an activity, to basically lie and say anything except the truth, which is that we did not have time. Surveys are very repetitive. Vacation days are granted, but (in my experience) there's is nobody to cover you and therefore you will have to try and do twice as much work before and after your vacation. Stress level is very high, as corporate's response to any concerns we have are a lot of flowery words for "deal with it". We were told when they restructured our pay that there would be opportunities for bonuses, yet I have not seen one. I have been here 8 years and am making less now than when I started. Raises are non-existent. Help is non-existent ( I have been told for years now that I was going to get some part-timers.....not yet!). And all this is without getting into the frustration from wal-mart!!!! This company has gone downhill.

Keep your promises....if you say we get bonuses, give bonuses!!! We need more help in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Worked for Anderson Merchandisers? Contribute to the Community!