Andrus Transportation

Mechanic at Andrus Transportation

Former Employee - Mechanic in North Salt Lake, UT
Former Employee - Mechanic in North Salt Lake, UT

I worked at Andrus Transportation

Pros

Family owned company that will have a heart for workers with a family. Thrifty business style helps prevent the loss of customers and thus your job. If you want overtime, you will probably be able to get it.

Cons

Weak health plan. If you don't want overtime, you might not feel comfortable saying no and sharing the load. Secret pay rates (based on what your manager decides) that when disclosed by another worker, might make you unhappy.

Family management and family workers might be good for each other but for those not related to the owners, you might not appreciate what family members get away with on the job that would end your career.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Andrus Transportation (View Most Recent)

Freight Broker

Current Employee - Freight Broker in North Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - Freight Broker in North Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at Andrus Transportation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent opportunities for bonus. Asset based brokerage, therefore some trucks available to move some freight. Recently hired a data entry clerk to enter carrier info for brokers.

Cons

Inexperienced brokers, cutthroat on loads in house, new brokers will steal loads and customers from you without regard for time with customer or time spent on load, management renegotiates bonus and pay structure to their benefit regularly, no regard for long term clients or haulers that you bring with you, poor communications from management staff increases stress in an already stressful work environment. They will tell you that you are a salaried employee, but they will dock you a days pay when you are not in house. They expect you to work through breaks, lunches and after hours, but offer NO compensation for the extra time you put in for the company. The term "salary" serves to protect them from paying overtime, but goes out the window when you need time off. In essence, you are a hourly employee expected to work overtime but have NO opportunity to be paid for your extra time worked.

Consistent, clear and open communication with staff regarding procedures and pay would promote less stress in the office. When someones work merits a raise, giving them praise may work for the day, but true appreciation is shown in their pay.

Terrible, Be aware!

Former Employee - Freight Broker in North Salt Lake, UT
    Former Employee - Freight Broker in North Salt Lake, UT

I worked at Andrus Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing! The Part about being a broker is not true. I am able to say just one positive thing, I learned myself to use AS400, a common program used in the transportation business. By going through it daily I figured it out. The AS400 does not change, just the keys to get where you need to go.

Cons

The micromanagement made the job impossible!

The Cut throat environment made you hate going in everyday.

No Training, you better be ready to learn by trial and error, because no one wants to give up training to cut into their pay.

I have worked in a lot of Transportation places and this was the worse. So unorganized that you have to make up your own way.

Trust in your employee's , stop managing their every move. If a employee is salary then give them the benefits of one. As broker I expect to work with my clients all the way through the process if their freight. This company will continue to lose good employee's with un-experienced managers in place.

There are newer employer reviews for Andrus Transportation