Anexinet felt like a place to call home.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Blue Bell, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Anexinet

Pros

The people. We felt a sense of community and competency.

Cons

Only pertains to me. I was an hourly consultant, so when my project ended, I was forced to take a role through another consulting company. I wished I had taken a full time role with Anexinet as they offered. I was sold a bill of goods from my current consulting company. When my project is over, I am done here.

Visit the resources in the field more. When I had exposure to any of you, I was greatly impressed. Meet more people regularly, and more will see the great culture.

Other Reviews for Anexinet

Good, but mixed experience

Former Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Anexinet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Like most companies in the technical consulting industry, it comes down to the people you work with, the type of work and the clients. If you have a good manager, life is good. If you do not have a good manager, well, that's a different story. Anexinet is not the typical company in the consulting industry in that it tends to value its employees more so than other consulting firms. Their culture is generally relaxed and employee-centric. Great benefits, decent salary with bonuses that are frequently paid out. Generally interesting projects. In spite of my experience, I do recommend them to other potential employees.

Cons

My experience was a bit negative. I was hired as a solutions architect but rarely functioned in that capacity. This was unfortunate for them as they never realized my true talents. At times, some clients were difficult to work with; this combined with an often stressed-out, belligerent and secretive manager was one of the key factors of my decision to resign. Everyone deals with stress differently; others don't deal with it well at all. Additionally, favoritism as a bias towards people and departments was another factor. In times when unreasonable demands come down from client management, some "push back" can be helpful to the overall process. That is beneficial in earning you the respect of the client and the people you are managing. In spite of this, I very much enjoyed working with most of the other consultants as they were friendly and professional, especially those from other consulting firms. In the end, I left Anexinet having worked there under 1 year. I felt my talents would be better served in a higher-level role with another firm.

Delivery should maintain more communication with consultants in the field with long-term assignments. This will help gauge a metric on a) how happy their consultants are in terms of the work and the client, and b) obtain feedback for any potential problems now or in the foreseeable future, including personality conflicts. This will also help reduce the turnover of valuable employees. One can liken this to marriage; communication is key.

Can't crack the old boys club, schizophrenic HR, and blinders on relative to making money

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Anexinet full-time for less than a year

Pros

As long as whatever you're working on is profitable, and none of the "good old boys" doesn't dislike you or anyone you associate with, people will treat you well.

Benefits are decent, but very expensive.

There are a few people who are interested in doing the right thing. More often than not though, their fire is extinguished by the others.

Cons

Blatant favoritism amongst Chief Officers / VPs and certain Directors.

Money-centric culture... nothing else matters, least of all employees. No emphasis whatsoever is placed on producing quality software.

I interviewed a candidate for a position and recommended they pass. They hired him anyway, and fired him 6 months later telling him they had no more work in the pipeline for him. A week later they're posting on job boards for his position.

Heavy reliance on entry level employees (good margins) and contract workers (no benefits). No desire to cultivate quality, full-time employees.

Facilities are ill equipped for the number of employees. They rented additional space on a separate floor of the building and segregated a bunch of people there.

Stop trying to be cool surfer dudes and rock stars and focus on work. Leave your personal lives at home. Hire good people who care about doing good work and trust them. Get your HR sorted out. If you listen to your interviewers' recommendations, maybe you won't have to hire/fire/re-hire. Get a real office where nobody is treated like a second-class citizen. Develop good products and the money will follow. Stop trying to do everything on the cheap.

There are newer employer reviews for Anexinet.

Worked for Anexinet? Contribute to the Community!