There are newer employer reviews for Angie's List

Perfect for some..

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Consultant  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Advertising Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Angie's List as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

great work atmosphere, friendly attractive employees, good benefits, gym and trainer for free

Cons

lets just say the turnover rate is extremely high, they will get rid of you if they think you will cost them money. i.e (stay healthy) I was let go after I found out I had cancer and informed my manager the following day under the lie that I didn't meet quota even though I did and in fact was three thousand dollars over. This is a good company to work for as long as you are in full health the entire time you work for them but they will fire you in a minute if they think your health will become an issue.

Put a clause in the contract stating how if your not in perfect health you can and will be fired.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Angie's List (View Most Recent)

Not so great

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Consultant  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Advertising Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Angie's List full-time for less than a year

Pros

Potential for earning was good but unequal

Cons

Poor mid level management, poor communication

Hire Managers from the outside instead of unqualified people from within

Overpromise and Underdeliver

Former Employee - Ad Sales Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Ad Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Angie's List full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company atmosphere, upper management generally accessible even to brand new employees. Solid training program, relaxed casual attire. quasi-professional atmosphere with many "perks" in the form of time off, company sponsored activities, Holiday parties, etc...

Cons

The biggest deterrent in a sales position here is the ever-changing assignment of territories. To be shifted into and out of territories every 30 days makes it difficult to establish contact and develop a pipeline. Additionally, when the territories shift, you are calling the same people that hung up on your teammate last month...

You have a great training system in place...but the turn-over rate is miserable. Quit shifting territories around every 30 days and give some of the well trained, highly qualified sales staff the opportunity to work their style. The high pressure calling focused on "quantity" instead of "quality" contacts provides an environment the breeds failure instead of success.

There are newer employer reviews for Angie's List

Worked for Angie's List? Contribute to the Community!