Stressful

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time

Pros

Free Beer Pay for your gas Benefits

Cons

Too much work, not enough time Outdated equipment Terrible communication Lots of miles on your car

Advice to Management

Update your equipment so we can get the job done instead of waiting around for our computer to work. Add more sales reps so we can spend more time in stores selling beer instead of trying to hurry through each one to make sure we transmit on time.

Other Employee Reviews for Anheuser-Busch

1. Weekender Position

Current Employee - Weekender in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Weekender in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay! Generally nice people who are willing to help.

Cons

Interview process is VERY long. Requires taking off work to go to interviews and tests.

Anheuser-Busch is a place where mediocre engineers sell their souls for a little extra money.

Former Employee - Group Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Group Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free (bland) beer, opportunity to make a lot of money if you are happy working overtime, you don't take your work home with you (you just never go home)

Cons

For new engineers right out of college they expect you to do mandatory overtime every other weekend. That means you work 12 days on and then only get 2 days off... and you're rotating shifts, so 2/3 of the time you're not on normal working hours. Also, the unions hate management, and you are a part of management, so they hate you. Management only cares about your up-time, and rarely supports you in a dispute with the unions. You leave work tired, unhappy, and bitter with just about everyone you work with. Don't get sucked in by the promise of lots of money in overtime... it's not worth it. I was told the four year retention rate is only 20%. That means 4 out of 5 engineers leave the company for something else.... Probably a place that respects their work-life balance

Advice to Management

Change the scheduling to get rid of the mandatory overtime. Give people more vacation. Allow operators to have chairs on the floor. Respect your employees, and reduce some of the pressure.