Anheuser-Busch

www.anheuser-busch.com

Losing experience fast....

Senior Key Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBest beer company in the world. Great brands, great people, great wholesalers. Well respected by retailers and competitors. I wouldn't work for any other company in the beer world.

Cons- Bonus system is highly flawed. Senior Management pulls levers that enhance their bonus, but make it difficult for frontline sales to hit theirs.
- Pay is at 80% of the market rate. No real opportunity to ever get to 100%. It would take 8 years of 3% merit increase to get to market rate. And HR recommends merit increases only every other year, so 16 years, not taking inflation into the equation.

- Spend too much time on planning, only to have things changed at the last minute.
- Little communication between management and frontline sales
- Great wholesaler partners no longer trust the company

Advice to Senior Management- Start living the "Ten Principles" instead of using them as a punch line.
- Beer isn't sold from a cubicle. Get yourself and your people out of the office and in the trade.
- You can't replicate the experience of your current employees with talented SMTs/GMTs. Pay to keep the experience you still have and put better processes in place to grow the young talent you have. They (SMT/GMT) need to learn/experience at a more normal pace. Remember, some regions had a policy of 2 years in a position to fully understand the cyclical nature of our business. More people will respect the program if these "trainees" are properly trained.

Work harder, play harder

Brand Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Driven culture, very smart people, fast career progression, almost unlimited marketing resources and a great open and social atmosphere. The events and sponsorships you… Cons: The work never stops, management is never satisfied with results and there is clear lack of leadership and direction at some of… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate your employees in a genuine way, not because you have to. It is fundamental to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Making friends is our business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The pride in the product is great and rubs off… Cons: Perception that working there mean you drink a lot, the opposite is more likely. Not as many… Advice to Senior Management: Stay sharp, there is alway a competitor waking up early in the hopes that someday they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Anheuser-Busch.

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!