There are newer employer reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Manipulative, Lack of Common Sense...Only the Young Survive

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual work environment, little accountability, free beer once a month.

Cons

All while preaching "One team, one dream", they will deceive and manipulate. I know of several people who were pushed out of their job or gotten rid of in "creative" ways. They will do what they can so former employees cannot collect unemployment.

They care only about the budget, but not with a common sense frugality. They will take away the water coolers, but spend money on decorations for the office. They will deny sales reps, signage and POS for their accounts to have in-house posters printed for the meeting room.

They hire young, unqualified managers, passing over qualified people who have been with the company for years. They falsify timecards so they don't have to pay OT.

It's their way or the highway. When they take over a distributor they change everything, but not for the better. They make everything more complicated and expensive. Our water to the building has been shut off (think no flushing toilets, not water to wash hands), the phones were nearly shut off, the driver's had to get fuel from a much more expensive supplier because they refuse to pay their bills before 120 days.

They no longer credit accounts when beer is not delivered or there is breakage - they literally say "it's their word against ours". We have lost many accounts because of this one policy alone.

There is no concern for the customer any longer. It's almost as if they do not understand they must actually SEEL beer in order to make money, and in order to make money you need customers/accounts.

It has a very foreign feel to it...including important documents that are written with an obvious poor understanding of English.

If you want to stay in business and not over taken by your competition, actually pay attention the local market...not everyone will buy Budweiser and Stella if you "just push hard enough".

Treat your low-level employees like the mean something, because they are doing the REAL work, w/o them there will be nothing FOR you to manage.

223 Other Employee Reviews for Anheuser-Busch (View Most Recent)

Who doesn't want to work for a beer company?

Former Employee - Enterprise Architect  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Enterprise Architect in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, free beer, cool history, and did I mention free beer?

Cons

Resistant to change, and long time to make a decision

My god....worst place I have ever worked....

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time for less than a year

Pros

The free beer was nice...I'm sure that will be gone at some point...

Cons

I don't know that I can put it all into words. It was the worst experience of my professional career. First of all I was in IT, which is probably a different experience than 95% of other employees there. I have never been in a situation like this, where literally everyone in my immediate area was incompetent. Most surfed the INET all day or played poker on their iPhones....while complaining how things used to be in the "old" company. I was shocked on a daily bases, by the total lack of professionalism and competence. Mgmt seemed very aloof and unconcerned. They were more interested in keeping their own jobs and meeting documented benchmarks for bonus purposes, which turned into a large paper shuffle, with little or no actual work being done. Don't let the InBev, "we love all of our employees" line, fool you either. Your benefits might be cheap...but InBev is constantly searching for ways to outsource jobs and bring costs down further...so Brito and his ilk can continue to get million dollar bonuses. So enjoy that super cheat health insurance and nice 401k while you can, because you could walk in one day and find out your job got outsourced to Brazil.

I don't know what to say, if having an army of mindless drones spinning wheels in a constant struggle to squeeze out a $1 worth of production for .20, then hey, great job...

There are newer employer reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!