Anixter International

www.anixter.com

Fantasic work-life balance. too many dinosaurs

Software Developer (Current Employee) Glenview, IL

Pros- Work life balance is great. family comes first and its easy to get time off to deal with family matters. When i leave the office I generally don't have to worry about work.
- Nice people to work with.
- Benefits are decent.

Cons- in technology there are a lot of people who have been around a long time (20+ years). They don't seem too interested in moving forward. if you have any interest in doing new things prepare to be frustrated.
- management is haphazard

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you bring in new people to the technology group make sure their voices are heard and not ignored by the old guard.

Carries a big stick

Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Anixter International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Feared and cherished by industry partners. Great training, good corporate culture. Great launch point for industry insider status. Many great careers started here. Many of… Cons: Oppressive layers of management - referred to commonly as "Resources." Commissions are capped due layers of "Resources" for support. With the ebb and tide of… Advice to Senior Management: Don't lose sight of where the income is generated- phones and streets. Massive reporting requirements of the sales staff does not generate revenue but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great first experience

Buyer (Current Employee) Glenview, IL

I have been working at Anixter International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy to get in without experience, good to learn about… Cons: No chance of movement within the department, managers choose favorites More
There are newer reviews on Anixter International.

Worked for Anixter International? Contribute to the Community!