Loved working there

Former Employee - Stylist in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Stylist in Boston, MA

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, decent pay compared to my previous jobs, looks great on a resume, managers were very motivating and showed appreciation

Cons

managers could at times be very pushy and expect too much of you, always overloaded me with hours (students beware)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

SAVE YOURSELF!

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee Discount which is 50%!

Cons

Long hours Company cares about NOTHING but Credit Cards Store Management and corporate Pay is horrible for the amount of work Conference call and extremely rude emails from district

Advice to Management

Look at your turnover of employees leaving your company in such a short time. Take care of your employees and stop treating them like crap!

2. Nice start at the Ann Taylor Loft. but with time I learned

Former Employee - Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great temporary opportunity for young people that love fashion. Everyone that is usually hired are a pleasure to work with. If you love working with women to help build their confidence thru fashion this is for you!

Cons

The goals given to the stores are very unrealistic. In response to the goals the management can be challenging due to the stress level given from upper management. The goals such as sales per hour, units per transactions and those credit cards are sometimes challenging.

Advice to Management

I highly recommend that upper management be required to work in the stores as a regular associate or store manager on a weekday especially. This will be a opportunity to understand the difficulty of reaching all the goals and see the handwork that the underpaid employees give everyday. Despite the associates financial hardships or family or educational obligations these men and women work really hard. More incentives would make everyone feel appreciated. I've seen many manager come and go happily with no regrets. Corporate and upper management please work on improving; you have many great people that work for your company. Unfortunately your are not keep many of them for a reason.