Ann Taylor
www.anninc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Loft culture is does not practice what they preach.

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ann Taylor full-time for more than a year

ProsGenuine clients, reasonably priced merchandise, and incentives to make sales. On paper, the company cares about genuine Women and honors your full life.

ConsRegional and district management is disconnected to the store environment. There is no genuine care about the hard work that everyone puts in on a daily basis. Payroll allocation is barely enough to open and close the store and makes completing tasks and keeping visual standards close impossible. The constant deep discounts and Flash sales make it very difficult to maintain the store and give great service. When asking for more support, you are told that your people need to work faster. The DM is constantly hiring new SMs from outside of the company instead of investing in talent within the stores. The talent of the management staff is wasted just keeping the store going. The DM and visual DM do not work towards building relationships with their people and rarely speak to anyone other than the SM unless to point out something that is wrong. Upper visual management speaks down to store employees and insults their taste instead of coaching brand direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people and your stores, and be realistic about what can be achieved with the payroll that is given. If you want the store perfectly steamed, replenished, and board folded at all times, then you will need to provide the hours. Service will suffer when you give constant pressure to complete tasks with out giving the support to do so. Increase man power by 10% and I know you will see an increase in sales, service, and happy employees.

Sales lead

Sales Lead (Former Employee)
Bloomington, MN

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: For the most part the people are great and employees receive a good discount… Cons: This job is low paying and has high turnover. They also… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lenox Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great Discount, loyal customers, and great team Cons: Overly picky and unclear management, company wants you to stay in color coordination with the store, needs an… Advice to Senior Management: Learn that it takes time to immediately look like a brand, and please… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ann Taylor.

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ann Taylor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ann Taylor CEO Kay Krill. All reviews posted anonymously by Ann Taylor employees.