Ann Taylor

www.anninc.com

Ann Taylor LOFT: Great company that values its employees

Sales Lead (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsIf our store met our goals for the month, we would get $50 to spend on every employee, so sometimes we would spend it to go out to a fancy dinner together, or we would just buy a Visa gift card for everyone. The management team and associates were very friendly and easy to work with. Each employee goes through training as well as job shadowing so that they will be prepared for their job - unlike many of the companies that I've worked for, who just throw you into the madness! There are lots of opportunities for growth in this company: one girl I worked with started out as a sales associate, was promoted to sales lead after a couple months, and became co-manager before she had even been with the company for a year. The hours were very flexible, and my manager was willing to work with my schedule and give me any time off for vacations that I had.

ConsThere are only two full-time positions in the whole store: co-manager and store manager. The sales leads (who are essentially assistant managers) get anywhere from 25 to 35 hours per week, and most associates were only getting 10 to 15 hours per week. Also, there is a lot of pressure in soliciting credit cards. Each store has a credit card goal per month and the higher-ups get VERY angry when you don't meet the quota! Another thing I didn't like were the hours. As a sales lead, I didn't mind working the opening shift from 9 to 5:30, but I hated working the closing shift 12:30 to 9 because it felt as if I didn't have time to run errands or relax after work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team I worked with was a very strong and encouraging one, so I guess I'll just say keep a positive attitude so your employees will stay positive too!

Great company, but few hours

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great repertoire of clothing, good management, flexible scheduling. Clothing was stylish and… Cons: Not enough work hours, and a change in policy/attire. By the time I was ready to leave, I was working 3-6 hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No good at all. Please do not work here. You work a lot, very rude customers and a looooot of work

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time for more than a year

Pros: No much, even the discount is bad. Cons: Long hours and no breaks, lack of management, merchandise looks so cheap. Management do not reward good things on its employees. All the time the… Advice to Senior Management: Please value more your employees all counts, all are important, pay more, have more hours for people. Be fare in pay , do not pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ann Taylor.

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!