There are newer employer reviews for Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor LOFT: Great company that values its employees

Former Employee - Sales Lead  in  Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Sales Lead in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time for less than a year

Pros

If our store met our goals for the month, we would get $50 to spend on every employee, so sometimes we would spend it to go out to a fancy dinner together, or we would just buy a Visa gift card for everyone. The management team and associates were very friendly and easy to work with. Each employee goes through training as well as job shadowing so that they will be prepared for their job - unlike many of the companies that I've worked for, who just throw you into the madness! There are lots of opportunities for growth in this company: one girl I worked with started out as a sales associate, was promoted to sales lead after a couple months, and became co-manager before she had even been with the company for a year. The hours were very flexible, and my manager was willing to work with my schedule and give me any time off for vacations that I had.

Cons

There are only two full-time positions in the whole store: co-manager and store manager. The sales leads (who are essentially assistant managers) get anywhere from 25 to 35 hours per week, and most associates were only getting 10 to 15 hours per week. Also, there is a lot of pressure in soliciting credit cards. Each store has a credit card goal per month and the higher-ups get VERY angry when you don't meet the quota! Another thing I didn't like were the hours. As a sales lead, I didn't mind working the opening shift from 9 to 5:30, but I hated working the closing shift 12:30 to 9 because it felt as if I didn't have time to run errands or relax after work.

The management team I worked with was a very strong and encouraging one, so I guess I'll just say keep a positive attitude so your employees will stay positive too!

710 Other Employee Reviews for Ann Taylor (View Most Recent)

Great company, but few hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great repertoire of clothing, good management, flexible scheduling. Clothing was stylish and modern, which made it easy to sell! This is a perfect part-time job.

Cons

Not enough work hours, and a change in policy/attire. By the time I was ready to leave, I was working 3-6 hours a week. It would have been fine if this was a supplemental job, but at the time it was my main income.

No good at all. Please do not work here. You work a lot, very rude customers and a looooot of work

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time for more than a year

Pros

No much, even the discount is bad.

Cons

Long hours and no breaks, lack of management, merchandise looks so cheap. Management do not reward good things on its employees. All the time the store whats more credit cards more sales , never is good enough. Store is so dirty due to lack of hours. Low pay, too much clothe that customers try and do not buy a lot of clearance and too much shoplifting. A shame to tell them to have more control over merchandise and they do not do anything. They pretend that just two employees in the floor do all: clean, fix clothe, open a lot of credit cards, put away all the mess from customers.

Please value more your employees all counts, all are important, pay more, have more hours for people. Be fare in pay , do not pay more to the beauties than the ugliest like me. Put sensors in all clothe and have a limit or at least someone in the fitting room to watch for merchandise. This is a terrible this company to work for. I glad I m no more there. My worse job. Nobody worry about nobody there. Employees are all unsatisfied. Give bonus to employees, motive your people. You big bosses move your buddies in the store and you will see all that is wrong. Seriously this is a hard job. Most of customers are rude and want all the time all by free.

There are newer employer reviews for Ann Taylor

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!