There are newer employer reviews for Anne Arundel Community College

Good place for learning

I have been working at Anne Arundel Community College part-time

Pros

Great facilities, they work with you to schedule students

Cons

none really. had a good time tutoring students

Keep doing what you're doing

9 Other Employee Reviews for Anne Arundel Community College (View Most Recent)

Going downhill in a hurry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arnold, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MD

I have been working at Anne Arundel Community College

Pros

The benefits package and leave plan is amazing; It is what keeps me here. I pay little to nothing for medical, dental and vision for my husband and myself. I can take leave pretty much whenever I want and get paid holidays when the school is closed ( Winter Break, Spring Break, MLK Day, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Forth of July).I think that you would be hard pressed to find another employer that gives you such cushy benefits.

Cons

The job itself is monotonous. The students have gotten much ruder over the years and the parents have become the same. Anyone that calls up a business and curses at the person that's trying to help them is just not cool. It used to be great... but as I said the whole college is going downhill. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing. The turn over of management has been increasing. Everyone is jumping ship. There have been no raises in YEARS for anyone however, everything can get remodeled whether or not it's needed.

Communication is key and it needs to be better at AACC! No one has any idea what anyone else is doing. A few of the newer higher ups have completely destroyed the culture at AACC. The new dress code doesn't make us approachable to students.

Overall a good experience but...

Current Employee - Web Developer II  in  Arnold, MD
    Current Employee - Web Developer II in Arnold, MD

I have been working at Anne Arundel Community College

Pros

Educational benefits, not-for-profit, feeling like what you do is for a cause nobler than someone's bottom line.

Cons

Attitudes of some in management, lack of innovation or innovative ideas, a sometimes glacial pace for getting things done, politics.

Take a closer look at how management interacts with subordinates and take corrective actions if necessary. Think outside the box!

There are newer employer reviews for Anne Arundel Community College

Worked for Anne Arundel Community College? Contribute to the Community!