pleasent atmosphere

Former Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Annapolis, MD
Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Anne Arundel Medical Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly, clean, stocked, well organized

Cons

not as flexable with scheduling as I would have liked

Other Reviews for Anne Arundel Medical Center

Bringing hope and sunshine to patients and their family members was my number one priority.

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Anne Arundel Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I met people every day at the hospital with a myriad of emotions such as joy, sorrow, grief, etc. To be able to assist them, hug them or give an encouraging word is what provides me deep satisfaction and reward.

Cons

The downside was department nurses, doctors and techs extremely overworked and exhausted from the demands. Another downside is quality bedside patient care has been substituted with never ending charting and paperwork and micromanagement.

Some advice would be to cease immediately from telling employees there is no money and that every penny must be saved and every stone unturned to save, save, save. This poverty mentality makes medical staff feel guilty and unmotivated and they eventually look for other employment. The turnover of nurses is huge due to doubling up on their workload to save money and they are unable to do lunch most of the time or have breaks.

Terrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Director Level
    Former Employee - Director Level

I worked at Anne Arundel Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is nothing good I can say about this place.

Cons

This is a terrible place to work. Management from the top down does not care about employees or patient care. Upper management continues to get bonuses while cutting the benefits and vacation of directors, managers and hourly staff. Directors and managers are hit with a biweekly cost above and beyond benefit cost. Directors get hit $40 per pay period. I was in a position that oversaw patient safety and items I brought up where swept under the rug. Facility is not maintained per Joint Commission requirements.

The Board should fire them all!!

There are newer employer reviews for Anne Arundel Medical Center.

Worked for Anne Arundel Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!