Anne Arundel Medical Center

I enjoy working at AAMC

Current Employee - Environmental Services in Annapolis, MD
Current Employee - Environmental Services in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Anne Arundel Medical Center

Pros

I love the employees,patiences,managers and supervisors and the nurses are wonderful people there are everywhere you go in the hospital

Cons

nurses could be more careful so that they could be more of a role model to other employees when it comes to contact patients especially they have to think about themselves and their familys too and the people around them that work with them

27 Other Employee Reviews for Anne Arundel Medical Center (View Most Recent)

This hospital is sick.

Former Employee - IT in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - IT in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Anne Arundel Medical Center

Pros

The commute to Anne Arundel Medical Center is very convenient. There are definitely some good jobs to be had, especially in the clinical environment. My poor opinion of AAMC is for the most part a reflection on the management; there are some very nice and very talented people who work there. A fair number of cushy jobs are to be had, especially by those able and willing to play the "game."

Cons

Nowhere else have I seen such poor management. The rot extends from top to bottom. A VP came down to explain how our CIO had "decided" to leave, "inventing" all sorts of details along the way, when by that point the entire staff knew that the CIO was being forced out: if you don't want to talk about it, fine, but don't stand there lying to our faces. A decade ago the hospital was much smaller, but it's grown extremely fast. It used to be a family of sorts where everyone knew each other, but that doesn't scale well. Unfortunately, almost everything is accomplished, now, in a back room through this network of relationships, contrary to what stated policy is. Staff, especially clinical, have been almost exclusively promoted into management despite lack of qualification as the hospital has grown; the result has been massive cost overuns and high turnover. Turnover in my group (non-clinical) was in excess of 300% a year for over 3 years. Expectations are not followed through on, promises are not kept, because the hospital does not move cohesively. A large part of the hospital's success of late is their very committed (and wealthy) donor base; the hospital itself is doing very poorly.

Clean house in middle management. It would be very painful, but the alternative is the present chaos. As you know, morale in extremely low, and turnover is very high. HR has made some ovatures towards the staff, but they won't be received unless there is followthrough from direct management.

Growing Hospital

I have been working at Anne Arundel Medical Center

Pros

A nurse can go far with their generous tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Clique-ish and once you burn your bridges, you have a hard time geting back into the clique.

There are newer employer reviews for Anne Arundel Medical Center