There are newer employer reviews for Announce Media

Excellent Place to Work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Announce Media

Pros

1 - Everyone is here because we believe we're helping consumers make better buying decisions. We truly believe we're making a difference.

2 - GREAT opportunity; If you see something broken, missing, or know how to improve it - go for it.

3 - Freedom to think outside the box; In fact, there is no box.

4 - Incredibly smart executives, engineers and supportive people.

5 - Open and transparent environment.

6 - We have fun.

Cons

We move so fast and are growing quickly, there's little time to stop and reflect on the great achievements. We literally have to have lunch meetings to ensure we're focusing on the right things.

Ensure we continue to hire the best people in the leadership roles, whether it is promoting from within or bringing them in from the outside. Having the right culture fit and ability to exceptional teams will remain critical to our success.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Announce Media (View Most Recent)

Definitely Top Talent.

Former Employee - Technical Engineering Lead  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Engineering Lead in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Announce Media

Pros

This company knows how to make money - period! Take a couple energetic, cool and fun founders + brains + a good idea + a gap in the market place and you get = success.

If you're highly talented, and you want to work with other talented people, then this might be the company for you. If you're fairly complacent in your career then a company like HP or IBM might be a better fit for obvious reasons.

The company has a high employee retention rate; so it's easy to make quality friends, spend time with them, and keep them for life.

I've seen the company spend allot of money on it's employees, acknowledge contributing employees and offer incentives & bonuses when employees succeed.

Much of the staff has received promotions within last 2 years. The company also offers 100% paid benefits; good vacation; competitive comp packages and cool company events.

The company is one of the top in their own right.

Cons

St. Louis, MO is very cold in the winter.

There have been rare occasions when "non performing" employees {but nice people} have felt uncomfortable in a high-achievement environment like this. This company definitely supports employees in succeeding and being the best they can be, but very few {1 out 100} are just short of miracles. I think diligent screening up front would weed the average out.

The kitchen is stocked with too much candy, cookies, cakes and donuts (i.e. you'll likely gain weight)

Increased communication

keep doing what you're doing, it's obviously working because the company is growing fast, but make sure the front line employees get time with Executives as well - employees look up to the Execs.

Going Places..

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Engineering in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Announce Media

Pros

Announce Media is a fast moving company with allot of momentum. Sometimes things get a bit hectic, but the success is championed by highly-talented employees and a highly motivated management team. If you want a quick paced environment within an ever-expanding organization then Announce Media is a good choice.

The management team is ambitious, highly ethical, motivated, honest and well respected throughout the industry. Please note; they will definitely expect you to perform to the best of your abilities.

I miss the team, hope they're doing well, would have preferred to stay; I was called out of state..

Cons

Multitasking, Hectic, Chaotic (sometimes a fun way), and evolving infrastructure

Management team is great and they offer a substantial amount to the employees (fully paid bene's, stocked kitchens, gym memberships, softball, company parties, trips, etc.).. Probably the best early-stage executives that I've ever worked with.

There are newer employer reviews for Announce Media

Worked for Announce Media? Contribute to the Community!