Antea Group

www.anteagroup.com
  www.anteagroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Antea Group

Not focused on whats important

Former Employee - Project Scientist in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Project Scientist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Antea Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of locations with the opportunity to work on projects throughout the world

Cons

Upper management seems more worried about position titles and redesigning organization charts than helping clients or seeking out new opportunities. As a result, many offices are hanging on with a few legacy projects with nothing new coming in. Finally, the company tends to hire "lost souls" who are happy to have a job at low pay as opposed to seeking out the best talent. As a result, there tends to be a general lack of ambition in many offices which promotes an environment of complacency.

Begin focusing on the client as opposed to your own goals within the organization. Once ckients see you taking time to actually listen to them and trying help them, you will likely be rewarded with more complex and interesting projects which will in turn help attract better talent (if you are willing to pay for them). If this happens you may no longer have to chase low end UST portfolios.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Antea Group (View Most Recent)

Communication between staff and management needs improvement

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Antea Group

Pros

Fellow employees are very nice and pleasant to be around in an office setting. Benefits are descent, and management is understanding and flexible regarding sick and vacation time. Employee safety and ergonomics are taken seriously and addressed in a timely manner.

Cons

Pay raises are not given if you are performing your job well at your expected level, they are only awarded if you are performing above your pay grade and taking on more tasks than in your given job description. Management does not always mention bring an employees' errors to their attention immediately, and in some cases they will wait to bring it up during performance reviews. Also, the company does not adjust employee incomes to meet cost of living, so CA employees are actually making less money than in other states.

If a direct report is making an error that they are unaware of, you should address with the employee immediately instead of filing it away until it's time for their review or telling higher management while the employee is still unaware of the mistake.

Near sightedness beyond one's ability to see

Current Employee - Project Professional in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Project Professional in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Antea Group

Pros

I have just started my graduate program so Antea has been flexible with my schedule and I have been able to leave the office at irregular hours.

Cons

I have not been challenged in my current role. I have expressed my interested in taking on more responsibilities or assisting other groups, but my requests have not been recognized. I have felt this way for the past 2 years.

Have realistic goals in mind and be open to feedback from subordinates.

There are newer employer reviews for Antea Group