There are newer employer reviews for Anthropologie

wonderful stepping stone into the fashion world

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Anthropologie part-time

Pros

AMAZING employee discount, great stepping stone into the creative selling area of the industry, creative work environment, wonderful co-workers, colorful customers.

Cons

on-call shifts can be excessive, but you most definitely earn your hours. You have to take your first few months with a lot of on-calls, and not a lot of actual shift hours. I was extremely persistant to always go above and beyond when I was working, and soon was given a huge increase of hours and a decrease of on-call shifts. Don't complain about on-calls, wait it out.

Consistency is key in this company. You have to always be on your game. ALWAYS read "the loop" before work and during breaks. You will have excellent product knowledge to wow your managers and customers.

If you want just your average retail job, this won't be for you. However, if you are driven and strive for a challenge, go for it!

Keep the positive feedback coming! I love constructive criticism, but positivity from managers gets employees really pumped to do even better!

438 Other Employee Reviews for Anthropologie (View Most Recent)

Great company culture and creative work environment!

Former Employee - Apparel Merchandiser  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Apparel Merchandiser in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Anthropologie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool space in the Philadelphia Navy Yard, awesome people, dog park, great place to create future opportunities and boost your career.

Cons

Aside from the weather and location, it was a great experience and has an amazing network of people.

Pay attention to each small division, the details, the way they work. It's the small details that drive the business.

Lack of Respect and Promotional Opportunities

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Anthropologie part-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the girls that I worked with who were not managers. Discounts were great.

Cons

Managers lied about promotions, and at times, it felt like I was an adult living in the movie Mean Girls. There was a lot of mean spirited gossip that came not from equals but from superiors. It felt exactly like high school all over again. One of the senior managers even made one of the managers in training cry. At one point some of the other girls I worked with wrote letters to our Regional Director to complain about management and guess what happened? Nothing except that the girls that did it were forced out.

Stop being jerks. Learn to recognize and promote talent from within.

There are newer employer reviews for Anthropologie

Worked for Anthropologie? Contribute to the Community!