Aon Hewitt

www.aonhewitt.com

Good organization for insurance industry experience

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Large organization with good employee benefits and average corporate salary. Benefits were consistent with those of other companies of their size. There are opportunities to enrich your knowledge of the insurance industry but they exist mostly in online tutorials. Upgrades in computer knowledge are important here and the online tutorials were good for this purpose.

Cons

Management seemed removed from interests of the rank and file worker. Information not provided always in a timely basis for the lower level employee. Some departments were moving on an average of every couple of years. Cost cutting often drove down the morale of the employees where we would often "joke" about what else might no longer be around soon.

Open up communication between support staff and management. Try to train management in programs designed to achieve employee efficiency without sacrificing work/life issues.

Other reviews for Aon Hewitt

Aon Consulting is a great place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Melville, NY

Pros

Strong business plan, great leadership. Solid training program in place that insures employees have all the skills needed to perform their jobs. The pay was exactly what I was looking for. I believe that I was always treated fairly. The company has a solid benefits plan with multiple options for health/ dental/ vision plans, matching 401k.The Company also reimbursed me for my cell phone, home phone and internet. Also put into place company career plans for employees that are looking to advance through the company. All and all, I would say that is a great place for someone early in their career

Cons

Aon Consulting is a very large organization. I think that it can be overwhelming when someone comes on board. Although job responsibilities where well defined, I had issues understanding what I needed to do regarding documenting time, and mandatory internal security training. I think for someone like myself who worked off site sometimes I did not know who to turn to for basic employment questions. The other two downsides were the HR and Tech Support. For any HR related questions an employee has to call a 1 800 number. Felt like calling a customer service line. Tech Support was the same way. I have waited a couple of days to get some basic issues fixed and resolved.

Keep developing a stong book of business.

It is easier to keep clients than to replace them

Former Employee - Vice President  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

Pros

The people that work at Aon

Cons

The current management team lacks understanding of the everyday client requirements. The focus currently seems to be on selling new business (which should be a single component of a growth strategy. The management team is also very focused on numbers, but the systems at Aon are inaccurate and can produce conflicting reports on the same data. Until they update the accounting tools, practice leads and account managers will continue to waste great amounts time on accounting discrepancies and clients will continue to leave. The focus at Aon is no longer on the client.

Let the consultants consult - the client should come first.

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!