Not A Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Advanced Administrative Assistant in Lincolnshire, IL
Former Employee - Advanced Administrative Assistant in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Management does not attend to the matters of the Support Staff when there is a problem. Just a horrible experience and no respect.

Cons

I was brought in and told I would be supporting at the max. 4 Senior Consultants. But I ended up supporting at least 10 -15 consultants in total. Then, there was no formal training on what the processes and procedures were. I was "instructed" by one other administrative assistant, who was not happy with the addition of a new, competent administrative assistant. So therefore, training never happened. I had to "figure how things were done" on my own. Only a few other admins. were willing to assist me when I had questions. The entire experience was not professional at all.

Advice to Management

In my situation, it seems that Management did not want to bring any actions against this person, because she had been with the company for years. That is not fair, to a extremely fair and good Support person. Give clear information when hiring and make sure that proper training and ongoing mentoring is available. The ability to have a mentor that will work with you and not against you should be monitored by Senior Management and action taken if necessary. Appropriate action should be taken, even if the adverse person has been with the company for years. Support staff is an important part of a team, and if they are not being treated with respect, it affects everyone.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Stress-free job

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Good benefit,
    Work from home
    Stress free job

Cons

poor compensation
    raise or promotion based on the years of services not on the performance

2. Unsatisfying work that does not make you feel successful.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

You are provided decent compensation and a good benefits package. The co-workers are great and help you get through the day.

Cons

Long hours without overtime pay, no appreciation shown for overtime work, overtime work on a regular basis and sometimes weekends.

Advice to Management

Create a better work/life balance for the employees. Hire more employees if needed instead of making employees stay past 8 PM on a daily basis and weekends.