Aon Hewitt

Not A Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Advanced Administrative Assistant in Lincolnshire, IL
Former Employee - Advanced Administrative Assistant in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Management does not attend to the matters of the Support Staff when there is a problem. Just a horrible experience and no respect.

Cons

I was brought in and told I would be supporting at the max. 4 Senior Consultants. But I ended up supporting at least 10 -15 consultants in total. Then, there was no formal training on what the processes and procedures were. I was "instructed" by one other administrative assistant, who was not happy with the addition of a new, competent administrative assistant. So therefore, training never happened. I had to "figure how things were done" on my own. Only a few other admins. were willing to assist me when I had questions. The entire experience was not professional at all.

In my situation, it seems that Management did not want to bring any actions against this person, because she had been with the company for years. That is not fair, to a extremely fair and good Support person. Give clear information when hiring and make sure that proper training and ongoing mentoring is available. The ability to have a mentor that will work with you and not against you should be monitored by Senior Management and action taken if necessary. Appropriate action should be taken, even if the adverse person has been with the company for years. Support staff is an important part of a team, and if they are not being treated with respect, it affects everyone.

1286 Other Employee Reviews for Aon Hewitt (View Most Recent)

Terrible....stay away

Former Employee - Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

-Free parking
    -Salaries are decent for the area

Cons

-Terrible senior management
    -Terrible work/life balance
    -Performance Review process is archaic and mostly about favoritism instead of real results

-Clean house at the senior management level, it's pathetic!
    -Start to automate processes or price appropriately so you are getting the right level of support
    -Put some money into the holiday parties / office events to boost employee morale

My experience started out good but as time went on it was not a satisfying work experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

In difficult times they can be there for their employees.

Cons

There is no loyalty held for the long service employees who are there everyday doing their job.
     Aon Hewitt makes it very difficult to get time off even if you are asking for it many months in advance. Managers do not help to help you advance within the company with the skill set you bring to the table.

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt